Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike Fit / Radlabor :/

Hi All
I am getting some back pain whilst riding my CAAD8 - using all of the sizing charts etc, I have the correct frame size and I have done an "online bike fit" on the competitive cyclist website (and made the relevant adjustments..) but I am still getting pain in my back when riding which onsets within an hour.

I've been considering a bike fit- the bike shop near my girlfriend (Cycleright - really nice shop!) has a Radlabor fitting system and will do a fit for £80, they claim to be able to measure me and then compare my anatomy with the bikes geometry to identify the correct positioning / parts to make the bike comfortable for me.

I wondered, has anyone ever used a Radlabor fitting service before? Money's a factor for me so I'm reluctant to spend £200+ on a bike fit. The video on their website makes the process look somewhat basic and I just thought I'd see if anyone had some experience with them.

Cheers,

Jack

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

flyingpitman | 8 years ago
0 likes

As wellcoordinated said see a physio first.I have one leg longer than the other and after racing for more than 50 mile I couldn't get off my bike or straighten up.This was long before bike fits were thought of.Get the reason why you have pain and then go for a bike fit.You could go to your local library, or buy Phil Burt's excellent book called Bike Fit as that is full of great information.My own problems were helped by a wedge between my cleat and shoe on my shorter leg.One thing's for sure get it sorted now and don't wait years like I had too.There's more help these days and more understanding of cycling related pain.Good luck.

wellcoordinated | 8 years ago
0 likes

A bike fit however sophisticated cannot correct any bio mechanical defects that you may have. Probably you have a problem with you core strength, or may be you hip flexors are shortened and this is making you lower back work harder. Or maybe one of many other reasons. I would see a physio rather than a bike shop to sort out your back.

Latest Comments