Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Where to donate bikes?

I've got a couple of bikes that i don't use and i want to donate to an appropriate charity (ie one that will see them end up with a cyclist rather than flogged off in a charity shop).

One is a 2014 defy 1 and the other is a steel single speed, both in great working order.

Having just seen a short film about cycling in Rwanda I would love them to go to somewhere in Africa, but am open to any alternatives.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that either picks up or i can drop off near Brighton? The only places i can find don't pick up and the nearest drop off point is in london, which doesn't suit.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if this is of any interest to you? http://neutralservice.cc/about/womens-cycling-benevolent-fund/

Trying to help female cyclists in the UK

Man of Lard | 8 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps it would be better to sell them locally and donate the proceeds to a charity (with GiftAid) active in that area (rather than them having the task of shipping the bike across the globe)?

Kadinkski | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, thanks but I had found that place on google myself. I'm really after a recommendation for a good charity, I don't just want to give them to a place that sells them on.

The problem is to get the bikes to Africa I have to drop off in London, which I'm not prepared to do.

JC | 8 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments