Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tune mig 70 mag 170 hubs

Anyone out there running on tune mig 70 mag 170 hubs? Tune build them into a wheelset tsr22 that weighs 1350 with 24 radial and 28 2x lacing and they look a good balance of weight/durability and at £450ish for what I have heard mentioned in a list of the best hubs in the world, price.

Any views on them would be greatly welcomed!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think you need special tools to service them that are unique to tune, I have no clue on how much these are but I doubt your lbs will use or stock them so you will need to factor that in to the cost as well.
You might have more luck asking about this somewhere like weightweenies or lightbike...these guys are seriously into lightweight boutique parts and loads if guys over there have them.

willythepimp | 8 years ago
0 likes

I thought they looked pretty cheap, and fugured if I have them in a robust build for bow, the hubs should be of decent enough quality to want to rebuild them again with whatever rim/spoke combo takes my fancy.

Latest Comments