Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Modolo points?

I'd be very grateful if somebody could offer an explanation as to how modolo scored 6 points today when he was a DNS?

Many thanks

F

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'll get it sorted in the morning, not listed here  102

http://www.letour.com/criterium-du-dauphine/2015/us/withdrawals.html

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Here you go. Lampre's TTT team yesterday.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Before the TT so he shouldn't have scored any points. His uncle is ill

Joelsim replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

He was a DNS yesterday hence why he was removed from the points classification yesterday too. A rider can't score if he didn't take part in the stage so he needs 6 points removing for stage 3.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

He's not listed in the withdrawals on the official site, so I didn't know, I'm not following the race, just doing the points and I'm not searching every rider to see if they are in or not, I just go with what the official site says. So if he's not on the list, he's still in.

Was it the TTT he pulled out?

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Don't forget to remove Modolo and his points from
Yesterday

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

It was mentioned on twitter and the official live updates page that he didn't start. It was only announced after the transfer deadline, but before the end of the stage. The commentator on one of the feeds I was watching did sound a little confused.

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Nah - if he didn't race then he can't score. Guys drop out after the stage has closed all the time, its just bad luck. We just want them removed once the stage finishes.

Joelsim replied to chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Nah - if he didn't race then he can't score. Guys drop out after the stage has closed all the time, its just bad luck. We just want them removed once the stage finishes.

Yes, this.

triccky100 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't it come down to when Modolo was announced as a DNS? If it was after the stage had closed, so there was no opportunity to replace him, then maybe it would be fair to let the points stand? Those who kept him in for stage 4 are penalised anyway, as they need to make an extra change to replace him.

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unlucky Stumps.

There is no excuse for Modolo scoring today and still being selectable for tomorrow - as I've said many times (and Dave has agreed with me on the forum and said he'd remind everyone) - when the stage is scored it should be routine that DNS's (and DNF's) are removed from the game so we cannot inadvertently select them for the following stage. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen (I gave a number of examples in California, including two riders that were still available for selection 3-4 days after they'd dropped out). Not a major disaster but its these little things that, if they were sorted, would make the game so much better.

In this case I assume that the info was sketchy - I saw a couple of sites that listed Modolo in the Lampre team that finished the TTT, but then when I checked the GC listing he wasn't there, so clearly hadn't finished and, as it turned out, hadn't started. However it was mentioned in a few posts on the forum earlier today so I'm surprised no-one on the admin side double-checked and made sure he was removed. And as things stand, his points for today are still there, and I assume he's still selectable for tomorrow.

I'm not blaming the volunteers, who clearly do their best on their own time. And I still think the game, with all its faults, is easily worth a tenner a year - its excellent! But this stuff is so easy to fix surely?

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good, removing Modolo's points moves me up to 7th  1

Stumps | 8 years ago
0 likes

After todays stage I did my transfers for tomorrow and Modolo was still there to be selected, which I did. I'm now aware he did not even start todays stage and as such its a 2 transfer loss as I will need to use another transfer to get someone else in.

Whilst I appreciate everyone behind the scenes does this for free and these things happen its still frustrating.

Not a happy bear at the mo.

Latest Comments