Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Secure bars to hang bike on in garage

Does anyone have any recommendations for some sort of secure bars that can be drilled into a brick garage wall that can a bike can be hung from? I'm thinking about an alternative to this: http://www.tuskstore.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?c=wallracks Tusk don't do PayPal or accept online credit card payments, you have to either send a cheque or set up a bank transfer, like it's 1987 or something.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

rnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hello
I bought some B&Q fold up bars, they're cheap and work fine. They also sell a more upmarket version made by kenovo, where you install a mounting block and the hook clips clips on, these work well (ladders have not fallen off yet).

Only problem you may have is hanging mtb with sloping top tubes

rnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hello
I bought some B&Q fold up bars, they're cheap and work fine. They also sell a more upmarket version made by kenovo, where you install a mounting block and the hook clips clips on, these work well (ladders have not fallen off yet).

Only problem you may have is hanging mtb with sloping top tubes

rjfrussell | 8 years ago
0 likes
Vermilla2008 replied to rjfrussell | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a MaxxRaxx, it's brilliant, holds bike securely with strap (& lock) so also good as maintenance stand.

Latest Comments