Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hit and run

On March 14th this year I was knocked off my bike by a hit and run driver. Fact is he did stop ran to me in road shouted someone call an ambulance then drove off. This guy took away my job as an undertaker as my wrist was smashed to piece's. To cut a long story short CCTV from a bus behind caught the whole accident car number plate etc. It did not catch who gets out if driver seat although witness knows it is a make. The noip sent by the police has been returned with the question of who was driving left blank. The bus CCTV shows the male running up to me? This has dragged on for three months and need to know that he will be brought to justice. I have a no win no fee solicitor on stand by but everything moving so slow. What are my chances of getting a conviction? Thanks for any advice.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

ianrobo | 8 years ago
0 likes

It will but if you know who caused the accident get the solicitors onto them now. If insured they will pay (same thing happened to me and a passer by got the plate number) and they got her and paid all my bills and more.

invictus1956 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Thank you for your reply. No not insured with British Cycling etc but appreciate your advice. Its all taking so long though.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Leaving the scene of the accident will not go well for said offender. Conviction will probably be minimal. You could then launch a private prosecution for damage to yourself loss of employment etc. Are you insured with the likes of British cycling etc.

Latest Comments