Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Newbie help

Hi
as per title newbie to here and this roadie stuff (although i've toyed with it for a wee while). Anyway, i'm going to the alps early july for a couple of weeks and one massive long day which will be a challenge and i fancy getting some big days in before i go. Is there a www site or does someone have routes for approx 100mile days over lumpy terrain in Scotland/N england. Plenty i know but was looking for sportive routes etc so i can get an idea of my pace/lack of.

Cheers
Kev

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

James Warrener | 15 years ago
0 likes

Have a search on www.bikely.com or alternatively use it to map a route our for yourself. Its all google earth based so should be fairly straightforward. It will work out distance in miles or KM's for you as well as altitude gain. Handy if you are looking to head to the alps.

dave atkinson replied to James Warrener | 15 years ago
0 likes

www.bikeroutetoaster.com is also a good one to look at, more if you're planning out a route yourself than if you want to search for an existing one. again, it'll give distances and profiles, and if you've got a garmin edge it'll export the route with satnav-style instructions too...

Latest Comments