Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Road bike. How far should crank be to the frame?

7 Yh i bought this bike 2 days ago and im a bit worried about the crank to the chainstay. I dont want it to crash into the frame. It seems close or is that just me??
Thank you for any answers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Cardboard Box | 8 years ago
0 likes

There is a caveat with symmetry though, as appealing as it might be to the eye, it needs a symmetrical body to be using it to achieve the harmony needed for any serious time on the bike...

Leeroy_Silk | 8 years ago
0 likes

The gaps fine, no issue at with that unless you're an absolute animal!
As I mentioned previously, I'd try to get the gap equal on both sides. Physically you won't feel the difference, but psychologically it'll just mess with you're head (if you're anything like me that is).

vonhelmet | 8 years ago
0 likes

You could fit a bus through there.

sergius | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ah I thought it was second hand.

Saintsfc101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Original i bought the bike new only 5 days ago?  7

sergius | 8 years ago
0 likes

That looks like 5-7mm or so, that's not ridiculously close. Do you know if the cranks are an aftermarket addition to that bike or the original equiment?

Saintsfc101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

These are more pictures sorry about the last ones.

st33lisr3al replied to Saintsfc101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

thats enough clearence, your good to ride,

fenix | 8 years ago
0 likes

Why would it crash into the frame ? How close is it ? It might bend a bit under power but I doubt you can put it into the frame.

therevokid | 8 years ago
0 likes

needs pictures from above of both drive side and non drive side when
lined up with the frame .

Leeroy_Silk | 8 years ago
0 likes

Is the gap equal on both sides? If no, then it'll need adjusting.

st33lisr3al | 8 years ago
0 likes

That looks so close, all my bikes I can fit my small finger in between the crank arm and chain stay, take it to your nearest bike shop, don't ride it for now till you get the all clear,

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Take a picture not blurred with a measure indicating the gap

huntswheelers | 8 years ago
0 likes

Best seen from above as previous reply says..... you & us forum members will get a better view of the query you have to be able an opinion to be given....

Jeroen0110 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm worried too, but that's just about your photography. Can't see to offer opinion, too fuzzy I'm afraid. Also will help to take photo directly from above as opposed to at an angle.

Latest Comments