Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

For Forks Sake...

Decision support request...

The forks on my Ti Audax bike have seen better days and with the best will in the world were never the prettiest anyway (Ambrosio Momentum)... So, although structurally sound, I'd like to consign them to the "Winter Only" shelf and get a decent full carbon fork for summer use.

Looking for something that's good on comfort over long distances, but also not too slow in terms of steering as I do a lot of climbing and fast descending. Needs to be 1 1/8th steerer and non-integrated compatible. Clearance for 25mm tyres with short drop brakes essential. Mudguards optional. £200 max

I've considered a few options such as Enigma Etape and Columbus minimal but just can't make up my mind. Anybody got any good recommendations on options or ones to avoid?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Jack Osbourne snr | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, that was very helpful.  3

I went for the Columbus minimal and an extra crown race so that come the rainy season I can fairly quickly swap in the skanky old fork with the mudguards already bolted into the eyelets.

Latest Comments