Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike without wheels

Okay this might be a really stupid question, but I am stumped as to what is the answer.

When I was looking for a new bike I decided that I did not need fancy wheels as I already have a decent set, bought after buying my older bike, and a winter set, which came with the older bike. I have also got another average set that I had from some other bike.

So i was thinking why can I not just everything but the wheels, it would save me money and save me having another set of wheels that I would just change anyway. Thee must be a reason why this is not done already, but I cannot see any site offering bike only, no wheels. Any Ideas I reckon it must save, even at the cheapest and cruddiest wheels, inners and casings £100-£150. I know I could just order all the parts, but that's a new build.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Haggisbasher | 8 years ago
0 likes

I know i can do this, I could take the wheels and split them up, or use some for winter training. I was just curious if there is a reason why companies don't offer the option of buying a bike without wheels. Apparently not.

Fish_n_Chips | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bought bike and selling the wheels without using them to fund an upgrade.

Unless you need a set of training wheels and keep a nice set of race wheels or tenmporary service wheels?

hsiaolc | 8 years ago
0 likes

buy the bike with wheels and sell the wheels off.

When you buy all together it is cheaper instead of putting components together.

levermonkey replied to hsiaolc | 8 years ago
0 likes
hsiaolc wrote:

buy the bike with wheels and sell the wheels off.

When you buy all together it is cheaper instead of putting components together.

+1
This is what eBay is for! But do it "Buyer Collects".

Haggisbasher | 8 years ago
0 likes

Its actually a bike for someone else. I can donate a set of wheels, but don't fancy building it for them.

Jeroen0110 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Parts It is then for you mate!

Latest Comments