Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Fackin' lorries!

Emotive subject for a reason... Always easy to complain about them, but I thought I'd take a moment to comment on a Paul Matthew lorry driver who passed me very closely this morning whilst I was riding through Old Trafford on the A56 heading into Manchester city centre.

At the next lights, I waved my arms and gave him a bit of a look, I then drifted into the lane as he pulled away to make my point. Fair play to the driver, he then passed me giving me loads of room, but to his credit, a bit further up the road, in stationary traffic, he jumped out of his cab to check I was ok. Totally surprised me, and I've written to the haulage firm to pass on my comments.

Just felt that it was worth a nod to him, he realised he'd made a mistake and was proactive to apologise!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

severs1966 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Rare. When they jump out of the cab, it is usually the last thing that happens before they hit you in your face.

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments