Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Decision time

Finally I'm going to retire my faithful Ridgeback motion from weekend / pleasure duties (it will still take me in and out of London, across towpaths etc and transport my youngest to preschool) I've been looking at entry level road bikes and have come down to two.
The choice is between a low mileage Specialized Allez and a brand new Triban 500 (as heartedly recommended on here). The Specialized is the standard model and both are available at the same price.
I'll be using it throughout the year, and planning on doing more distant rides ie Dunwich Dynamo
Any thoughts / opinions greatly appreciated

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Fish_n_Chips | 8 years ago
0 likes

At least the Triban will be new.

Does the Allez have a carbon fork? Is it mint and not crashed?

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Assuming you're price is £350 the Triban is a cracker as long as they've got your size in (end of lines in larger sizes at that price looking a bit thin on the ground)

If you can stretch a little bit more we found an Eastway R4 at £350, R3 at £450, a Felt F95 at £395, even a Cannondale Caad8 or brand new Allez C2 at £450ish. Personally I'd probably go for the Dale at that price, just because of the frame set. ( and I'd leave the Carreras alone)

Latest Comments