Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How long would you wait before dispatch?

Hi. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster seeking the collective wisdom of the forum.

I ordered a set of wheels nearly three weeks ago from a British component company (you can probably guess who). It was during a 20% off wheel sale, so I didn't expect them to be sent super quickly. However, it's been a fair while now and I've not had any dispatch notice. How much longer would you wait before either politely kicking off or ordering a set of Fulcrum Quattros from Wiggle?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

I am a human | 8 years ago
0 likes

Update!

I politely kicked off on Wednesday and suggested that I might cancel my order if it wasn't sorted soon. The wheels arrived on Thursday, so hooray. Well done to Superstar Components for getting it sorted in the end.

The wheels (Elite 38s) seem really nice too, and the 5 Strava PBs from the little shakedown ride suggest that they do the job. (It's definitely not me improving my fitness, that's for sure!)

Martyn_K | 8 years ago
0 likes

I would cancel the order. 3 weeks with no communication is not acceptable in this digital age.

It takes no time at all for someone to complete the admin of sending a generic email out to all those orders affected stating that they are having difficulties. Thus giving feedback to those waiting. If they can't be bothered to do that then i can't be bothered giving them my money.

As a comparison i bought i wheelset from Cycle Division last month. I sent an email enquiry on the Wed evening which was responded to by 10am on Thursday morning. I then called them with a further couple of questions and ordered before 1pm on the Thursday. Wheels delivered before noon on the Friday and i was riding them on the weekend.

That is the sort of company that will get further sales from me.

parksey | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd have been on to them after 3 days, let alone 3 weeks. Just because it's a sale price doesn't mean other orders should take priority for dispatch.

I thought that Superstar 20% wheel sale (I take it that's who it was?) was on pre-built stock wheels only, hence they should've been available for dispatch straight away.

I assume they were probably just overwhelmed with demand as the promotion was admittedly a very good one.

Farr | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the same boat, not quite as long a wait, mind.

I emailed them last week and they said they hoped to have all orders despatched by last Friday....

Are you worried about them fulfilling the order or just keen to get out on the new wheels?

I'm pretty relaxed, no major need for them right now so I'm sitting it out.

I am a human replied to Farr | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, they told me Friday 8th as well, so at least it's not just me! I just want my new wheels really, so I think I'll give them another week or so, then think about cancelling.

sergius | 8 years ago
0 likes

I ordered some new wheels from Wiggle in their warehouse sale, free shipping, and they still arrived two days later.

- Did you get an email order confirmation?
- What's the order status show as on their website in the "my orders" section?

It's either out of stock and on back-order (which they should have told you already) or maybe your order has gotten stuck in Limbo somehow (which really doesn't happen very often nowadays - ecommerce & fulfilment have moved on leaps and bounds over the last 5-10 years in this country).

Beatnik69 | 8 years ago
0 likes

3 weeks does seem a bit long in this day and age. In ye olde days before the internet, when ordering by post the small print usually advised to allow 28 days for delivery but now most things arrive within the week. I'd get in touch with them.

Latest Comments