Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ageing Lycra - A modern dilemma!

Bloke cycled past me yesterday evening was not wearing underwear under his shorts. How do I know? Because the crack of his a*s* was in full view for all to see though the lycra, gleaming in the sunshine.

The dilemma? Do I look him up on Strava and tell him? I couldn't shout at him at the time, I was laughing so much.

T.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Scrufftie | 8 years ago
0 likes

+1 surprise for "...not wearing underwear under his shorts."

It speaks volumes that you would expect him to be in his M&S grollies. Man up, there's nothing wrong with a bit of transparency around the arse, he was probably wearing super sheer lycra for marginal gains.

It's only the human form, what's the big deal? Now, you really need to get rid of your undies when you go out riding. It sounds like your man does a little more than cycle down to the cafe for his macchiato

pants | 8 years ago
0 likes

This thread got me thinking twice about wearing my favourite shorts in fear of them being worn out in the foreseeable future.

Jem PT | 8 years ago
0 likes

When I'm commuting in the winter dark I find my powerful front light tells me what underwear the rider in front is (or isn't) wearing under their Lycra. Which isn't always a good thing ...

KirinChris | 8 years ago
0 likes

"...not wearing underwear under his shorts."

This bit troubles me for a different reason, as if you were expecting him to be wearing something?

As for the crackal sighting I agree it is disturbing but that's what friends are for. Not random flybys.

quasijones | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm loving the comments. Having ridden the route a few times since my sighting I have not had the pleasure of the 'full moon' again!

bikebot | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd just like to state for the record, that my alias is based on the amount of gadgets I accumulate and generally hacking things together.

Maybe it wasn't the best choice..

gdmor10 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I often wonder, when you see girls walking down the street with transparent legging on do they realise they are practically transparent?

Not sure I would want a random guy contacting me on strava to comment on the crack of my ass though  21

kwi replied to gdmor10 | 8 years ago
0 likes
gdmor10 wrote:

Not sure I would want a random guy contacting me on strava to comment on the crack of my ass though  21

Isn't that what grinder is for?

Batchy | 8 years ago
0 likes

So why don't manufacturers address this situation by using double thickness material, for example, on this area that always seems to wear out long before the rest of the shorts do.
There does not appear to be any difference between expensive or cheaper versions of bib shorts. Call me cheapskate if you like but I use a patch of old Lycra snitched in the inside of the worn bit .This at least hides the crack of my arse and I get full wear from my shorts which are good enough for training in !

Fish_n_Chips | 8 years ago
0 likes

Does my bum look big in this?

Leviathan | 8 years ago
0 likes

As long as he wasn't heading south on Kingsway towards BnQ burnage, then I don't mind.

notfastenough replied to Leviathan | 8 years ago
0 likes
bikeboy76 wrote:

As long as he wasn't heading south on Kingsway towards BnQ burnage, then I don't mind.

I just checked Strava to make sure I didn't go for a ride on the 11th - nope wasn't me!

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Then there's the blokes with one pair of very old early lycra black shorts that have been worn out so much and faded through that even though they are wearing them you can still see all their business through them...

Al__S | 8 years ago
0 likes

Some people just refuse to let go of a favourite pair of bibs, blind to the fact that they might as well be on a naked bike ride event.

ConcordeCX | 8 years ago
0 likes
CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

He has nothing to worry about, he cycled passed you  21

Latest Comments