Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike sizes

I have been looking at buying a new bike, either a hybrid or flat bar road bike. I was interested in the B'Twin Fit 300 Flat Bar as I've read good things about B'Twin bikes & it had been reduced to £180. In the last week it's been reduced further to £150, but it's only available in size 51 as it is an end of line product. On the Decathlon website it has various measurements for size 51, one says 28.5"-30" & 5'6" & another says 29"-30.5" & 5'7", I am 5'8" & 30" inside leg. Not knowing anything about sizing what are people's opinions on the size? Will it be too small or about right if the saddle & handlebars are highered? Here's the link to the bike http://www.decathlon.co.uk/fit-300-flat-bar-road-bike-id_8306479.html

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

therevokid | 8 years ago
0 likes

just for reference here ... I'm 5'9" and 32" inside leg. both my road frames are
54cm with either 90mm or 100mm stems.

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Chances are it will feel slightly too small - you can get a larger seat post and change the stem but it will probably feel a bit too bunched up as the length between the seat and the bars won't change proportionally.

ChuckB | 8 years ago
0 likes

looks like it will fit, but best to hit the high street,and try another "51" for size, and for 150 quid, this is not a huge risk, might leave enough left over to replace the stem for a better fit if the bars are not right.

Given ALL the opinions expressed elsewhere, I find it hard to believe that no-one has offered anything on this post, but here is my 2 cents.

Latest Comments