Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

has anyone tried one of these?

Just had this "junk mail" through and for a change it's actually quite relevant:

https://buy.thetrackr.com

does anyone on the forum have one? I haven't had a bike nicked in recent years due to precautions and extra security, but it will happen one day for sure.

Seems pretty good value too...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

the main issue with these tiles from a finding-your-lost-thing point of view is that it relies on there being a big enough community of users that the tile will come into range of one of their phones

they're good for finding your keys and i have one (XY Findit) for that purpose. but if you want to track your nicked bike you need a proper GPS tracker that can send location data via a sim card

Jimbomitch | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ok, I took a look, it does appear quite good, I'd stick it up under the saddle somehow. But you are right, I have no experience of the product.

Jeroen0110 | 8 years ago
0 likes

by spam I implied someone not in my contacts list, it's an advert for a tracker you can stick to your bike etc. Not to worry, you clearly haven't got one, but thanks for the reply.

Still waiting to see if anyone reckons they're any good (by experience).

Jimbomitch | 8 years ago
0 likes

So you posted a link from spam? If you think I'm opening that think again.

Latest Comments