Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shimano 2300 Series Chain Rings

I've been trying to buy a replacement black outer chain ring for a 2300 chainset. A lot of retailers hold 34 or 39t inner rings but I haven't been able to find a 50t outer ring in black. Any ideas where I could get one or any alternatives. The new 2400 sets have a different BCD

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

gmac101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yet to fit the new wheels but the best value upgrade so far was the cables - like a new bike!

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Gavin, Sounds like your bike should be riding sweet after all that!

Any feedback to make Spokely better gratefully received, you can email me via the site

gmac101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all your suggestions - just re-cabled and fitted new bar tape, new chain, cassette and wheels so a new groupset is probably out of the question. But I'll have to decide between a new chainset and springing for an aftermarket ring. That spokely website is coming along nicely - looking forward to using it.

Gavin

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Its a tough one, Spokely is showing that theres not a lot of 130BCD cheap rings out there in your size.
The Surley half way down - http://spokely.co.uk/s/130bcd/ is actually £54.99 (displayed as £40.99 for the smaller size)

For that money it works out cheaper just to buy a new crankset

Assuming you're looking for square taper cranks for your BB theres a Prowheel for £36.25. Only in 170mm though so check your existing crank length first

http://spokely.co.uk/s/chainset/?minprice=0&maxprice=50&page=4

Alternatively if you were to go the whole hog there's some huge discounts showing right now for the more popular Chainsets if you needed to upgrade the BB to a more modern type - 105 chain sets for half price etc. Big step up price wise but if you were thinking of upgrading...

vonhelmet | 8 years ago
0 likes

It may be cheaper and easier to just buy a whole new chainset.

Alan Tullett | 8 years ago
0 likes

I also need to replace (or mend, it got bent a bit in a fall) a 52 outer ring on a triple 2300 but it looked like a Sora ring would work for me though I haven't checked. You could look at that or just visit an LBS or second-hand bike shop who might have spares.

Latest Comments