Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Overshoes

My Sidi overshoes are dying... very cold soggy shoes and toes on the ride home tonight have spurred me into action.... so which waterproof, warm, windproof overshoes do you recommend?

Ta in advance
radar

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

The biggest overshoes revelation I've had in recent years is getting ones with velcro at the back rather than a zip. It was always around the zip that mine used to tear. Other than that I always get them two sizes too big so they don't get strained when I'm putting them on. (Over winter boots that are always one size too big to make room for winter socks)

ourmaninthenorth | 15 years ago
0 likes

Endura customer services don't seem to want to contyact me, in spite of my trying to contact them.

radar | 15 years ago
0 likes

fantastic, cheap, warm - great stuff.

As for Endura zips - yes I've had a couple go, contacted Endura who replaced the whole garments. Also sent me free socks in lieu of postage. With customer service like that you can't grumble at all.

ourmaninthenorth | 15 years ago
0 likes

Whereas I have just emailed Endura today about my overshoes - the zip has gone on one of them after only a couple of months' use. Not very happy.

I'm currently using Sealskinz socks and my regular road shoes. Still get cold feet on long rides, though.

Next winter I shall be using merino socks and some of those nice winter specific Goretex Shimano shoes.

James Warrener replied to ourmaninthenorth | 15 years ago
0 likes

I have some BBS ones, very nice brushed fleece lining B)

Hopalongsteve | 15 years ago
0 likes

Go for the Endura...cheap, keep your feet dry and the warmest i have tried. I bought Assos ones too and the Enduras keep my feet warmer and drier. The Assos look good but are expensive. I would rather ghave warm feet and an extra £20 in my pocket!!!

DaSy | 15 years ago
0 likes

I have these (Campag Textran Rain) overshoes and are very nice. They don't make you look like you have club feet too much.

//www.awcycles.co.uk/images/campag%20clothing/tgsThmTxnRainOshooooo.jpg)

Colin Peyresourde replied to DaSy | 8 years ago
0 likes
DaSy wrote:

I have these (Campag Textran Rain) overshoes and are very nice. They don't make you look like you have club feet too much.

//www.awcycles.co.uk/images/campag%20clothing/tgsThmTxnRainOshooooo.jpg)

I have these but they disintegrate quickly despite being cool.

Simon | 15 years ago
0 likes

Pro Tarmac keep my toes nice & toasty

Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

… have always had a good rep for exactly those qualities.

www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx

the Luminite ones look interesting too

http://road.cc/content/review/913-endura-luminite-overshoes

Latest Comments