Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Ever got sick before an event you had trained for?

You may feel some of this pain.

http://galibier.cc/the-doom/

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Richard1982 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I once had terrible noro virus a couple of days before an event I was doing. On the day I convinced myself I was up for it, but it was HORRIBLE. I'd lost 4.5Kg which probably helped on the hills, but I was as weak as a new born baby!

It was only about 95miles (/3000m) - but took me 7h15m! By the end of it I was ready to die. I'd fallen off midway round having collided with a dropped bottle, if I'd been fit and well I think I'd have probably managed to avoid it, but I was just head down trying to get it over with.

Had it not been for the fact I'd raised a lot of money for charity I'd have stayed at home. I'm now of the opinion that it's better to miss cycling and let these things get sorted first, otherwise it just takes longer to get better.

mrmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

been there twice, both at the the Grand Raid Cristalp, first got a cold a couple of days before the event, felt like crap but after the amount it cost to get to the start i thought i would give it a go, i pulled out at 25miles, just nothing there whatsoever. Second time i developed tooth ache, had the tooth pulled, a nice abscess had developed, when i got back to the UK. The visible snow at 1700m did rather sway that decision.

Freddy56 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Been there, had the same doctor slaughter dream. "fix me"

Latest Comments