Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New impressive Pro Lite Road/CX disc wheels

Hi, I've been searching everywhere for a suitable Road disc brake wheel 17/19c upgrade from Ritchey OCR disc and found on Wiggle a Pro Lite Revo A21, 28/32h, 6 bolt, 1644g, £315. Pretty damn good I thought, then I find a centre lock version is available soon at 1470g, too good to be true.

Has anyone got the Wiggle one's yet.

Can we expect a Road.CC review soon of any of the New Pro Lite disc hub wheels?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

sawalkusz | 8 years ago
0 likes

I grew tired of waiting for the 28h Hunt 4 season disc wheels and wasn't entirely sold on the Pro Lite revo or the kenesis Crosslights (presumably rim heavy). Plumped for the American Classic Hurricane Disc and I have to say these are proving to be quite amazing. Fitted with Enduro Zero Ceramics, DT Swiss through Axles, SRAM Centreline X discs and once the're released Schwalbe S One Tubeless tires.

antigee | 8 years ago
0 likes

thanks for update and comments

reckon there is some sort of universal exponentiality of difficulty of fitting going on with tyres and wheels - over the years a 2 minute doddle has upped to 20mins of cursing and that's if it goes well  7

wilkij1975 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Just thought I'd resurrect this as I got myself some Revo wheels.

I have to say they're pretty damn good. As light as they say and all came pretty tight and straight. I've done a couple of hundred miles on them with no problems and at about 105kg, they feel plenty sturdy enough on the crappy Northants road for my hefty weight.

The one slight issue I had was the tyres were stupidly hard to get on, the front especially. There is another review on Wiggle where the chap said he had the same problem so might just be the make up of the wheels and nothing with my set.

sawalkusz | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hunt & Mason also has a disc wheel and say they have a 28h version on it's way by September.

sawalkusz | 8 years ago
0 likes

Pro Lite also have a Revo carbon 28 deep tubeless/clincher and 50 deep tubular in either 6 bolt or centre lock, see catalogue: http://www.pro-lite.net/
NRG4 is the UK distributor and may sell them direct.

nadsta | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'll add my vote too. Was thinking of the 40mm Reynolds but would be nice to know what other centre lock carbon aero options are out there

My 160mm discs on stan's no tube grails pick up more sidewinds than my Reynolds 46's on my rim brake bike btw.

kev-s | 8 years ago
0 likes

A disc brake wheel round up would be good, pref from £1500 downwards

Im currently running Reynolds 40mm carbon assault disc brake wheels, weigh in at 1565 grams and cost me £1050 in a sale

Would be interesting to see what is lighter/cheaper out there ranging from the main manufactures to custom options

Stratman | 8 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for a round up here as well

antigee | 8 years ago
0 likes

a round up of available disk specific wheels would be good - times are changing fast - complex area if you add in hand built but how about off the shelf banded by price

Latest Comments