Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized Plug n' Play Fender Mudguards

I've recently bought a Specialized Diverge Comp Smartweld (awesome bike btw) and after failing to get some crud roadracer mk2's to fit, I bought some plug and play mudguards. This was after being told not to, by a Specialized Concept store employee, I guess I should have listened.

I read somewhere from Specialized that the Diverge was built with these fenders in mind but this can't be further from the truth!

First of all I've had to take the front fender to a bike shop, to have the mount rivets drilled out, as I couldn't do it with a hand drill myself. The fork does not have anything to attach the fender to, apart from a screw hole underneath in the centre, facing downwards. There is nothing in the pack that fits into this hole!

Second, the mudguard black poles that slot into the frame are meant to be held in place by a dropout screw, the manual says to screw it in place with a 2mm allen key, but the actual screws look to only take a torx star T8 piece! How can they have made this mistake! Annoyingly I only have a T7 and a T9 so I can't get these held into place until I buy a T8. Another trip out to a shop!

Has anyone else fit these to a Diverge Comp Smartweld? I'll eventually complain to Specialized about these as it's comically ridiculous.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments