Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pain in back of right thigh

As title really, I've recently found that I get a cramp like pain up the back of my right thigh (possibly semtendinosus?) when seated on some long(ish) climbs which subsides when pedalling on flat.

I've recently swapped my bike, but the geometry is the same - wondering if seat/cleat position or something could be to blame?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

pants | 8 years ago
0 likes

The only medical advice you should ever listen to people from internet forums are 'go to the doctor' or 'get a bike fit'.

KirinChris replied to pants | 8 years ago
0 likes
pants wrote:

The only medical advice you should ever listen to people from internet forums are 'go to the doctor' or 'get a bike fit'.

That's a pity, because I was going to say go to a sports physio, who will understand cycling better than a doctor, and understand physiology better than a bike fitter.

mcnoodle | 8 years ago
0 likes

exactley the same,pedal flat and down hills pain eases, but only get it on days when done over 30 miles and the legs have got cold and wet, same thing this time last year as i cycled more often it went away

ChuckB | 8 years ago
0 likes

Find a good bike fitter, could be anything you mentioned, or simply overworking it. Have had this on long climbs, but it is gone in a few hours, so my doc says not tendon related, but she feels it was just the workload I was putting on it (30km @ 6%).

Latest Comments