Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sudden sit bone pain?

I've been using the same saddle for the last 3 years and I've had no issues with it no matter what distance I ride. Over the last week or so I've started to get a pain/bruised feeling on my right sit bone. I had 5 days off the bike to see if that would help but after riding again today the pain is still there. I've checked over the saddle and it still looks in perfect working order so I cant work out where this sudden saddle comfort issue has come from. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Could I possibly need a new saddle?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

wellcoordinated | 8 years ago
0 likes

What about the padding in your shorts has that changed? I have found that for me cheaper shorts are a false economy.

whizzkid | 8 years ago
0 likes

I had some serious problems like that last year. But I had a case of phlebitis. In my case though, I had upped my mileage and lost alot of weight, too much with hindsight!

craig749 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure what the Q factor is? I've moved from Campagnolo Chorus to Ultegra. Does anyone know what the difference could be?

If it is different could this have an effect?

Thanks

Charles_Hunter | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unsure if it'd make a difference but is the Q factor the same between the two cranks?

Charles_Hunter | 8 years ago
0 likes

Has anything changed? Is the saddle straight in line with the top tube? Cleats moved? Any tightness in your legs or back causing you to compensate? Different seat at work and it's showing when you sit on the saddle?

craig749 replied to Charles_Hunter | 8 years ago
0 likes

The only big change I have made is swapping the cranks over, although they are exactly the same length. Saddle height/position and cleats etc are exactly the same as before. No back pain or leg pain and nothing has changed in work.

Think it could be time for a new saddle ;(

Shep73 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Could be the padding is past its best. I'm having fun trying to find a saddle that doesn't hurt my perineum when I'm on the trainer.

CXR94Di2 replied to Shep73 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Shep73 wrote:

Could be the padding is past its best. I'm having fun trying to find a saddle that doesn't hurt my perineum when I'm on the trainer.

Look at Adamo brand  1

Shep73 replied to CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes
CXR94Di2 wrote:
Shep73 wrote:

Look at Adamo brand  1

Will do, cheers.

Latest Comments