Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help identifying these extra parts?

Got my new bike yesterday (Specialized Diverge Comp Smartweld) and in the pack of documentation are these two parts. They're most likely unimportant but just curious to know what they are. (See Photo)

1 Small 1x1cm metal square with a tiny sticker pad on one side.

1 Rubber tube.

Tried reading up through all the seperate part instructions and had good look around the bike to find if they fit anywhere but I'm stumped!

Any information would be appriciated!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

RockyRoRa | 8 years ago
0 likes

That's where it goes! Thanks

NorthEastJimmy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys!

Located the metal square behind the front dérailleur, would have taken me a while to find that by myself, good to know I've got a spare!

Found the rubber tube is a cable protector for one of the brake cables near the handle bars which hasn't been placed on so will sort that out.

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think the little black tube thing may be a frame rub protector that goes over a cable and stops it from making direct contact with he frame....is it quite soft?

Leeroy_Silk | 8 years ago
0 likes

The front braze-on dérailleur has a grub screw which when screwed in butts up against the seat tube to help stabilise the dérailleur. The small metal plate sits between the screw and the frame to protect it.

Latest Comments