Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Scuffed shoes

I've recently upgraded by previous road shoes to a nice pair of Sidis I got in the sale  16

After only a few rides I've found that I'm occasionally (and accidentally) catching the toe on the back of the front tyre which is scuffing them up a bit  13

I hadn't really noticed this on my old shoes (maybe as they were cheaper didn't care/mind as much) so just wondering if this is normal? I didn't think the shoes were overly big (size 46).  39

Is there any product that can seal/repair scuffs or even protect against them in the first place?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

DaSy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Are you sure you got your cleats in the right position with reference to your old shoes.

If you weren't getting toe overlap with your old shoes, the chances are you had the cleats further forward on those shoes compared to where you put them on your new shoes.

I have a little overlap, but to be honest I just live with it, as it only affects when turning tightly at low speeds, and have somehow subconsciously learned to time it better.

Latest Comments