Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Del Trentino - Stage 1

So no Aru, be good to see how Porte's form continues to grow before the Giro!

First step, Team Time Trial

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

42 comments

sanderville | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm gobsmacked that there are so few paying players. But a YTS lad could do it for you. I think they call them modern apprentices these days.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd help out if it was paid. Just saying.

sanderville | 8 years ago
0 likes

I would take on keeping the startlists and results up to date as a freelance contract for £10K per season with penalty clauses. Equivalent to the revenue from just 1000 subscriptions.

Charge an entry fee and rely on volunteers to keep the game up to date? Not premium value. Helpfully point out that premium members can always spend time going elsewhere on the internet to find out for themselves who's starting? Not premium value.

Use part of the game's revenue to pay a content manager to keep the game up to date so it's a one-stop shop for team management? That's premium value!

dave atkinson replied to sanderville | 8 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

part of the game's revenue

or looking at it more realistically, all of the game's revenue. plus some other revenue.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm doing men's and women's, but I don't have all the time in the world to cover things. I'm self employed, plus I have commitments to women's team outside of the internet, I go to races and do all the background work for them.

Take this coming week, I'm leaving the house on Friday, covering a race on Saturday, another on Sunday, travelling on Monday, no point in going home, that would add another 600 miles on my journey. So Friday first I'm off to another race, set up for Saturday, Sunday and Monday, then travel home on Tuesday. So that's me out for 9 days and unable to cover anything unless I can get wifi somewhere.

I will be dropping in past the Road.cc HQ at some point, so I might discuss the game with Dave, more likely just drink their coffee and eat their biscuits  24

The last few years that I have been doing the game, I was unemployed and had all the time in the world on my hands.

JohnnyRemo replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm doing men's and women's, but I don't have all the time in the world to cover things. I'm self employed, plus I have commitments to women's team outside of the internet, I go to races and do all the background work for them....
...So that's me out for 9 days and unable to cover anything unless I can get wifi somewhere....
...The last few years that I have been doing the game, I was unemployed and had all the time in the world on my hands.

Time for some more volunteers.

tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Note, JC Peraud, AG2R has been missed from the scoring.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the same boat Steve. I've lost a couple of riders aswell.

Looking at the back end, there seems to be only 2/4 logging on often and doing anything, unless it's a race that the other 2 are running....

I and the other can only do so much.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I'm in the same boat Steve. I've lost a couple of riders aswell.

Looking at the back end, there seems to be only 2/4 logging on often and doing anything, unless it's a race that the other 2 are running....

I and the other can only do so much.

Thanks for the reply Gkam..... Im not trying to point the finger at anyone mate, I just notice that things are not as efficient this year on a few things and I suppose this is my way of trying to get the powers that be to take note.... I am sure that others are thinking the same...
I research the startlists myself when time allows and I got lucky this time but it is getting annoying....as is the results service at times....

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

The apparent lack of enthusiasm to update the startlists is frustrating and appears to be becoming more and more the norm, as is the lack of enthusiasm from the organisers to get the results out in a acceptable timeframe...
I used to think that this game and indeed the site was the best thing since sliced bread...... This is my fourth year of playing and I am really disappointed with the service provided...... The service was better when it was free....

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

My [team] would have been better had I not picked [LL Sanchez]...

I picked him for my standard, too...  22

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

The... lack of enthusiasm to update the startlists [and] the lack of enthusiasm... to get the results out in a [timely manner]...

It seems to me that you're right. I think you've got a harsh way of stating it, but the fact is it used to be results were out within a few hours after the race was finished and there were various revisions of the start lists prior to the race starting... I got the impression that having a rider missing from the start list used to be an exception, rather than a rule... Whether it's lack of enthusiasm, disinterest or a lack of clearly assigned responsibilities, I don't know...

Sometimes I think it's just a manpower issue, dr doesn't seem to be around anymore, I don't think TER is as involved as he was last year, G is sometimes around for the men's races, but I have the impression his primary focus is on the Women's Races, dave is around, like today, but not as often as before, Ghed has been taking on some scoring, but I don't know if he's responsible for every race now or not... Sometimes I think it's just that too many races were added this year and they just don't have the manpower to be on top of start lists and results all the time...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Gkam..... I am sure that others are thinking the same... it is getting annoying....

You have a nice touch, though, after you calm down a little...

dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes

My purist would have been better had I not picked the expensive LL Sanchez, who I discovered too late isn't racing. Now I have him for four stages. This startlist thing is very frustrating.

debbieg | 8 years ago
0 likes

1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 11 - happy with that  1

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Purist ok I guess.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Epic fail by me including an MTQ, JJVR, who isn't racing.

_Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes

2, 2, 3, 3, 8, 8, 16, 16 for me

_Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ahh. Now i get it. Thank you?

backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
0 likes

Actually not too bad!

_Kasper replied to backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Actually not too bad!

Heh. I'd say that is actually VERY GOOD.

livestrongnick replied to backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Actually not too bad!

Better than me 1,2,2,3,3,8,8

0 likes

1. Bora Argon
2. Team Sky
3. Astana
4. AG2R La Mondiale
5. Cja Rural
6. Southeast
7. MTN Qhubeka
8. Cannondale Garmin
9. Nippo Vini Fantini
10. Bardiani
11. Italy
12. RusVelo
13. Tiro
14. Colombia
16. Cult Energy

_Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ouch indeed. Bad move on my part.

Edit: Can someone help me understand the scoring for this stage? I find the description a bit confusing.

enrique replied to _Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes
_Kasper wrote:

... can someone help me understand the scoring... ?

7 Hmmm... there's only 16 teams.. I think the scoring is meant to cover the 1st 20 teams... In previous team time trials every rider in the No. 1 team would get 20 points, in team No. 2, 18 points, etc... Then the Top 10 riders in GC would get their respective 10, 9, 8, 7... points...

livestrongnick replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
_Kasper wrote:

... can someone help me understand the scoring... ?

7 Hmmm... there's only 16 teams.. I think the scoring is meant to cover the 1st 20 teams... In previous team time trials every rider in the No. 1 team would get 20 points, in team No. 2, 18 points, etc... Then the Top 10 riders in GC would get their respective 10, 9, 8, 7... points...

Scoring notes for this competition

TTT scoring for stage 1: 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 points for each participating member of teams in 1st to 10th place

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Local rider Cesare Benedetti will be wearing the leader's jersey today...

Giro del Trentino @girodeltrentino
· 37s 38 seconds ago
#GdTM - Chiude la prova anche il @TeamMTNQhubeka (14'29") Vince la @BoraArgon18 e @benedetticesare è il primo leader della Class. Generale.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wow, this is going to be tight! :)...

· 1m 1 minute ago
#GdTM Team Sky 14'05", same as Bora Argon. Bora Argon remains on top

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Rusvelo seems to have matched Bora - Argon's time!  1

· 4m 4 minutes ago
#GdTM Colombia is the pèenultimate team to start now. Rusvelo 14'05" on the finish line

And the reason Cannondale Garmin lost so much time in the 2nd half is now apparent...  7

Stephen Farrand @stephenfarrand
· 2m 2 minutes ago
The @Ride_Argyle lost two riders in a high-speed crash in the @girodeltrentino TTT.

Moist von Lipwig | 8 years ago
0 likes

following it, says they're doing the TTT exclusively on twitter and the website will have live text tmrw.

something went wrong for Garmindale, 1st at the inter check, 4th at the finish. Bugger as I put 2 of them in today just for the TTT.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Surprise, surprise!  1 Bora - Argon 18 is leading Astana in the provisional standings and Cannondale-Garmin are sitting 4th after posting the fastest internediate time!  45

0 likes

Is there no live tv coverage of this race then? Just txt updates?

Pages

Latest Comments