Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

South wales /Bristol bikefit

any one got any good recommendations please ? Plenty out there on google - but looking for positive experiences share? Thanks in advance...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

jjjono81 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for BW here, Andy and Oli both know their stuff.

I had a bike fit included when buying a new bike from them, Andy spent a great deal of time going through my requirements to ensure he was able to recommend the most suitable bike for my needs.

The actual fit was thorough, and it's clear they rely on their experience combined with assessing the flexibility/needs of the individual, rather than just fitting by numbers.

gonedownhill | 8 years ago
0 likes

Also used BW. Checks your flexibility, then gets you on the bike and mostly goes off measurements of angles at different joints of the body. Gave me some exercises to do and was completely open to me returning to adjust things if I wasn't totally happy. The fit has relieved some of my back problems although not completely got rid of them, but they were honest that a fit alone can't solve everything if the body isn't right (in my case a weak core).

Safe to say they were a little bit skeptical of Retul and considered it a bit too rigid a methodology. That said I have met one of the guys from Bike Science at a fit taster session and he seemed to be pretty tuned into the fact that a fit cannot solve all your problems.

hennahairgel | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've had a fitting at Bike Science on my TT bike and I must say that my feedback was very much 'meh'. Yes lots of numbers and images, but I was told at the start that I had the wrong bike (a bit like I wouldn't get there from here) and the fitter's interest just went down from there.

After a few rides/turbo sessions in the 'fitted' position I just reconfigured the to what was more comfortable for me and result back to where I was before. Money well spend? Nope. Would I use/recommend them? Nope.

I've bought stuff from BW and they know their stuff; not had a fitting though.

fukawitribe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bike Science (Andy Sexton) were not cheap but very thorough (Level 2 - Retul 3D dynamic) and solved a whole bunch of stuff. Also used them for Fizik saddle fitting which was really an investigation of lots of different saddles (very interesting and very well done) and at cost no extra than the saddle price (which was itself discounted). If I had the money i'd go there all the time.

http://www.bike-science.com

BW Cycling seem to be getting very positive feedback as well, and have an on-site physio (separate practice, not formally associated but interact with each other). Not tried them yet but will be going to the physio there very soon.

turboprannet | 8 years ago
0 likes

another vote for BW. Had a fit from Andy there and it transformed my riding. The shop in general are absolutely superb.

replacement parts were sensibly chosen, no looking out for the unnecessary to charge for etc.

well worth the money.

theironduck | 8 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for BW. Other places have more high-tech offerings but Oli did a good job (and at a reasonable price) - my bike fit there cured a number of pains and niggles.

therevokid | 8 years ago
0 likes

bw cycling in Bristol oli and andy are great  1

Latest Comments