Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cero RC45 or Pro Lite Bracciano Caliente 45mm?

Ok, so i've been sitting on a little cash for a few months now with the intention of getting some more aero wheels for the quick midweek chain gang rides. The weekend rides are getting quicker too now the dry weather is kicking in but include quite a bit of climbing so i need a light wheelset. I should note that i currently get around on a set of Campag Zonda's which weigh in at 1550g so don't really want to go far above that weight.

I'm a punchy rider who likes to stand up now and again so need a stiff wheel that is not going to flex under power. I'm not shy at taking a turn at the front either and will cruise comfortably around 25mph (in the right conditions!).

Right, now the punch line. Maximum budget and i mean maximum is £1k, but i would like to save money. Naturally i looked at Campag as i already have a couple of their wheelsets but they are going over budget or over ideal weight.

I have seen the Cero RC45 from Cycle Division at £799 (free conti tyres at the moment) and i have also seen the Pro Lite Bracciano Caliente 45mm on Wiggle (£704 with platinum discount).

I have been struggling to find reviews of these wheels away from the selling websites.

Has anyone got any feedback/ reviews of these wheels that could be useful to me?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Martyn_K | 8 years ago
0 likes

Conti Grand Sport 25mm which are pretty good. I usually use GP 4000S II which are a touch lighter, but not worth sweating about.

Martyn_K | 8 years ago
0 likes

I opted for the Cero RC45 in the end. The Pro-Lite wheels are an older model so the technology was not as up to date as the Cero.

I'm not sure about the interest free option as i used some of my annual bonus that had been burning my pocket for a while.

Initial thoughts are very good. Cycle Division shipped quickly and well. The free tyres are a nice touch, not what i would usually run but free is free. The wheels themselves spin up quickly and hold speed very well. They are very stiff whic suits me as i like to hit the power hard at times. I have not felt a great deal on the front wheel in crosswinds but i have yet to have any 15mph+ gusts.

On the whole very happy with the purchase. I'll be sending a full review to Cycle Division after a few weeks.

Oh, and they look the dogs danglies!

Luv2ride replied to Martyn_K | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yes, they certainly look sweet on the Foil, mine would be going on to a CR1 SL. I think the silvery logos might go well with the silver logo hints on my frame (not that the aesthetics are what it's all about  16 ). Good to hear they perform well too.

What tyres did they bundle with the wheels BTW?

Luv2ride | 8 years ago
0 likes

Did you make a purchase? I'm also contemplating the Cero RC 45s as I gather they offer an interest free option (as well as free tyres!)

Latest Comments