Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Speed and cadence sensor kit

Hello!
With my CYCLO 305, I received a "speed and cadence sensor kit".
I have no use at all for the cadence sensor, thus my question: can I simply cut that piece of something that links them?
Thanks
Olnejean
Belgium

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Olnejean | 8 years ago
0 likes

Cadence : I do not care at all about it, I have cut off that extension of the sensors ...
What I expect from the speed sensor is to be propermy informed while riding under trees, as I often do in the forest.

DrJDog | 8 years ago
0 likes

Since you're using GPS which does speed sensing as part of its thing, why bother with the sensor at all unless you're using it for cadence?

vonhelmet replied to DrJDog | 8 years ago
0 likes
DrJDog wrote:

Since you're using GPS which does speed sensing as part of its thing, why bother with the sensor at all unless you're using it for cadence?

A speed sensor can be more accurate than the GPS. He may have cadence covered by a power meter.

Olnejean | 8 years ago
0 likes

Well .. I have cut the connecting wire, and the speed sensor works as happily as before !

Olnejean | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, I missed your answer last week, my access to the dforum seems to be somewhat difficult...
May I suppose that all I shall cut will be the connexion from the battery to the cadence sensor? If this does not infer with the spedd sensor, I'll do it immediately,
To keep things as clean as possible.
Greets
Jean
Belgium

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

If you are competent with a soldering iron and have a steady hand It will be an easy job. Heat shrink, and a little bit of silicon grease to water proof connection new connections.

Olnejean | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, but I am not so sure …
The speed sensor is a common ANT+ sender fed with a flat CR 2032 battery.
How the cadence sensor is fed I do not know, but if I "killed" it by severing that piece of something, it would do me no harm, I have no use for it!
My Trek Madona has a special dual ANT+ sender unit built into the rear fork, so I only need the speed sensor to build at the front of my Trek Top Fuel.
So I shall await further technical advice before cutting!
Have a nice sonny W-E!

RebornBumbler | 8 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't - the 'something' is most likely multicore cable with common feeds for both sensors - cut it and you will likely have two worthless non-working parts.

Latest Comments