Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Transfer Query

Guys, when making transfers between stages............

If I make a transfer but the rider I put into my team then also drops out of that stage do I still lose the transfer if I replace him with another rider?

eg. If I bring in Sagan for the next stage but he subsequently isn't chosen to race that stage so I replace him, does that cost me 2 transfers even though he didn't actually race for me?

I think it's a bit unfair if you bring a rider in and he is dropped from the stage before he has actually raced for you. I don't think you should lose a transfer for that.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Lawman147 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I completely understand the selection policies of teams in real life. My point was the fact that I transferred a rider in, then he was removed from the start-list, so I had to replace him. That cost me two transfers but in fact I really only made one transfer because the rider never raced for me.

I think it's harsh to lose transfers under those circumstances.  39

enrique replied to Lawman147 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Lawman147 wrote:

... I transferred a rider in... so I had to replace him. That cost me two transfers but in fact I really only made one transfer...

enrique wrote:

... It's always been a strange quirk of the game that [you aren't]... able to make all the changes [you] want to [your] team and have transfers charged only at the end of a transfer deadline...

I think it's something that's been talked about here literally for years... Since 2011 or 2012, probably...  39

You really are, unfortunately, better off, the way the game has been programmed, and is, currently, and has always, been, since I can remember, waiting till the last moment to make your transfers.

It seems just about every competiton, at one point or another, someone will say, crap!, 'I just found out one of my riders is not riding and I wasted a transfer on them.' It's frustrating, but that's the way it's been here for as long as I can remember...  22

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Startlists in real life change right up until the start of the race, can't be helped.

Lawman147 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Because I didn't know I would be able to log on prior to the team changes which took place overnight. I made the transfers yesterday and woke up to see the majority of the riders were no longer selectable.  102

Moist von Lipwig replied to Lawman147 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Lawman147 wrote:

Because I didn't know I would be able to log on prior to the team changes which took place overnight. I made the transfers yesterday and woke up to see the majority of the riders were no longer selectable.  102

my reply was mainly being faecetious. Fact is the earlier you select a team the more liable it is to change before the start, espcially right now as the cobbles switch to the Ardennes and you have essentially 2 separate sets of competitors. Unlucky.

Lawman147 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hardly seems fair when you're given about 24 hours notice before a stage what line-ups each team are committing to the stage. You're forced to second guess a lot of the line-ups and make transfers in advance. Only then to be forced to make a second transfer without ever having the benefit of that rider racing for you.  1

Moist von Lipwig replied to Lawman147 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Lawman147 wrote:

Hardly seems fair when you're given about 24 hours notice before a stage what line-ups each team are committing to the stage. You're forced to second guess a lot of the line-ups and make transfers in advance. Only then to be forced to make a second transfer without ever having the benefit of that rider racing for you.  1

If you've got the adequate time, warning and info to make the second transfer to replace a rider not taking the start like you say, then why not just wait and make all your transers then without the second guessing?  3

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

If it is in the middle of a race, such as the spring classics, then yes you lose your transfer.
If it was before the start of a race, you have unlimited transfers until stage 1 starts.

Latest Comments