Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New bike - wheel choice

Hello,
I'm on the verge of ordering a Rose X-lite CRS 4400 (http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-x-lite-crs-4400), which comes with DT Swiss R20 Dicut wheels as standard.

For an additional £71 I can change these to Mavic Ksyrium Elite S wheels; these come recommended but I don't have any knowledge of the original DT Swiss wheels.

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts/opinions of the wheel choice, £71 upgrade value or the bike in general?

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Batchy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't know about DT Swiss R20s but I have recently bought some Mavic Kysrium Elite Ss and they are great. I've only put 500 miles into them so far, but they do make a big difference, they roll and accelerate well and they are nimble uphill. I thought that I had got a good deal at £425 from Ribble (Nov 2014) rrp over £500 originally. They were highly recommended by several of my cycling buddies who have been using them for many years in their various incarnations.

Latest Comments