Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Pais Vasco - Stage 6

Final TT, and they get to go up the Aia again, twice! Might be a few non starters after yesterdays stage.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here go enrique 628

0 likes
enrique replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Here... enrique 628

Nice, Nick, thanks!  1

dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes

Transferred out riders who totaled 80 points. Had I just done nothing and gone with the Stage 5 team, I would have won the stage, finished the competition in fourth place and moved up to No. 9 in the overall. I'm an idiot.

TERatcliffe26 replied to dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

Transferred out riders who totaled 80 points. Had I just done nothing and gone with the Stage 5 team, I would have won the stage, finished the competition in fourth place and moved up to No. 9 in the overall. I'm an idiot.

If id had left my team the same youd have beaten me by 3 points on the last stage, as I stupidly did a similar thing to you,
although you would have still moved up in the overall more than myself

Although its easy said in hindsight

TERatcliffe26 replied to dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

If id had left my team the same id have beaten you by 2 points on the last stage, but stupidly did a similar thing to you,
although you would have still moved up in the overall more than myself

Although its easy said in hindsight

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Whodathunk Spilak would only be third best on his team this stage?

chiv30 replied to Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Whodathunk Spilak would only be third best on his team this stage?

He probably lost a minute just off the start ramp with his crank arm problem and the lack of team car being ready tbh

0 likes

Ohhh not too shabby after all
2,4,7,12,13 + Fraile & GC

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Argh. Took out Rodriguez for Spilak. Argh!!!!!

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm shocked at the results!

Vuelta al País Vasco 6ª: Purito gana la Itzulia

Etapa 6:
1. Dumoulin 28:46
2. J. Rodríguez a 4
3. Ion Izagirre a 5
4. Henao a 17
5. Intxausti a 21
6. Felline a 23
7. Quintana a 30
8. Taaramae a 36
9. Rui Costa a 34
10. Kwiatkowski a 37

General:
1. J. Rodríguez
2. Henao a 13
3. Ion Izagirre a 29
4. Quintana a 38
5. Simon Yates a 46
6. Scarponi a 1:06
7. Rui Costa a 1:14
8. Kwiatkowski a 1:15
9. Zakarin a 1:25
10. Pinot a 1:33

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I'm shocked at the results!...

I guess that sums up the feeling at the end of the final stage for the Vuelta al Pais Vasco  39 Many sad faces and many ' What if'questions linger...  3 It's sad, sometimes, to realize that, in fantasy cycling, as in real life, sometimes 'doing nothing' is better than making a slew of changes... that not (!) taking a risk and letting things be, is sometimes better than than trying to come out ahead... At least that's what I've learned...

Regardless, once again, all Purist players must always ask of themsleves, 'did I do the right thing with my team'?

In the VPV, the right question to ask would have been, should I have had Kwiatkowski, at 40.0 credits, in my team?

Of course, I don't play Purist, but, should (?) Kwiatkowski have been in your Purist 'Dream Team'?  39 Well, let's see...  45

Here's the 'Best Purist Team Possible' for the 2015 Vuelta al Pais Vasco...

24.1 Joaquin Rodriguez
12.4 Sergio Luis Henao
40.0 Michal Kwiatkowski
13.4 Omar Fraile
13.3 Simon Yates
7.5 Ilnur Zakarin
11.6 Fabio Felline
6.3 Amets Txurruka

128.6 credits

This team would have netted you 981 points and would have come in at a budget of 128.6 credits. Note that this has been one of the most efficient teams teams ever analyzed by EAS (Enrique Analytical Services), with a whopping 11.6 credits to spare left over after selecting the 'Best Riders' available!  41 Nice to see we don't have to cram everything we can into a budget to get top results!  1

It would have been good enough to come in No. 4 in the standard competition, without making one single transfer!  36

Congratulations, by the way, to competition winner Mi.yodea, Team A Problem Like Maria, who won the competiton raking in 1015 points in the standard competition. You win a round of applause from all your fine, and not so fine,  45 , like me, competitiors here on the forum.  41

Fine (!) looking team, with many (!) less surprises, in who were the top breakaway riders, which as many expected included Fraile and Txurruka, than the Volta a Catalunya Purist Dream Team.

Instead the 'surprises' were in the ranks of the GC contenders, where Ilnur Zakarain and Simon Yates performed far better than expected by many of us in this competition, and in Trek's Fabio Felline, who put in a magnificent performance, not only in the reduced sprint stages, but to the surprise of many, in the final time trial..

Let's talk about Nairo, though...  45 Even at a reduced value of 26.4 credits, Mr. Quintana has again failed to make our 'Fantasy Purist Dream Team'. Somebody please write Movistar about this situation, please...  14 By the way, his reduced value made me ponder :

enrique wrote:

... Was the rider valuation processs tweaked for this race or were the values what the system suggested...  39

As always, I have no access to the Best Actual Purist Team, which nick has been kind enough to post before, so, if anyone cares to post that team below it'd be a nice little thing to do for an old man. Thank you!  1

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dumoulin is the current leader...

Meta:
1. Dumoulin 28:46
2. Intxausti a 21
3. Felline a 23
4. Taaramae a 36
5. Martin a 42
6. G. Izagirre a 51
7. Jungels a 54
8. Dennis a 59
9. Monfort a 1:08
10. Talansky a 1:18

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nightmare start for Spilak!

0 likes

Henao
Quintana
JRod
Scarponi
Yates
Mollema
Zakarin
Fraile

Would've of picked spilak if i had any transfers.
Got him in my purist though.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Purito out, Spilak in.

MICHAL KWIATKOWSKI (EQS)
NAIRO ALEXANDER QUINTANA (MOV)
SIMON SPILAK (KAT)
SERGIO LUIS HENAO (SKY)
SIMON YATES (OGE)
ILNUR ZAKARIN (KAT)
AMETS TXURRUKA (CJR)
LOUIS VERVAEKE (LTS)