Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Recumbent trike forums?

Hi

Looking for a forum site for recumbent trikes so I can get some independant advice/views about the various style and models out there if anybody has any suggestions I would be very gratefull

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

JonD | 8 years ago
0 likes

(Forgot..another couple of trikes seen on btol are cattrike - usa- and Greenspeed. west county recumbents (in Derbyshire now ?) are dealers for the latter, I *think* there may be a cattrike dealer in the uk..)

JonD | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bear in mind BROL tends to be 'merkin-centric, tho' there are also some of us brits on there, and various ICE(UK)/hpvelo(DE)/challenge(NL) trike owners generally. Not sure if there's any Steintrike owners ..and euro bents also look a bit expensive in the US
More uk-centric, there's also 'bent subforums on yacf and cyclechat..the bhpc forum tends to be a little low on activity.

If you want to get multilingual - or use google translate - theres the french velohorizontal and the recumbent section of the german velomobile forum (bear in mind Hpvelo. is german) you'll find em via google, I've not done too much looking for italian forums but there's certainly activity there (Slyway makes 2-wheelers. Any obviously the Netherlands..

Also have a look on ligfiets.net - there's a section which gives a run-down of manufacturers (again, google translate, the EN button results are a bit variable.)

The lucky bit about the UK is that ICE trikes are made down in Falmouth, and you'd have trouble finding anything better ! - tho' other manufacturers have their interesting features..

As regards dealers, register and have a look at yacf and mebbe cyclechat, 'bent dealers in the uk are a bit 'individual' being mostly one-man-bands, some are easier to deal with than others, and there's not many around.

Where in the uk are you ?

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bent rider is about the best around, but based in America and tends to tell you everything about things out there.

British Human Powered Club is a UK based one http://forum.bhpc.org.uk/

Bob's Bikes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thank you that is just what I was looking for but failed to find, perhaps it's my fault I kept refering to them as recumbents rather than using the slang term.

MrPrice | 8 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments