Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40 Elite vs Ksyrium SLR

I have just bought the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 and it came with the Mavic Ksyrium SLR which I'm deciding whether to keep it or not. I mostly ride on a flat road. I don't really climb but might do in the future, so I think I'm better off to an aero wheel. Considering the price, the Cosmic Carbone 40 Elite would be best for me but I'm not sure if it's a good choice.

I'm also considering the Cosmic Carbone 40C but it's a bit over my budget. So comparing it between the two (40 Elite and 40C), are there a lot of differences between them? Apparently I can see that 40C as well as the Ksyrium SLR has the red SSC label on it. What is that refers to actually? Is all the wheels that has this label are better?

It would be great if you can point me out here. Thank you so much in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Chasseur Patate | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't bother with either and get some Reynolds Assaults. They're magnificent. Quick pick up, unfazed by crosswinds, hold speed, brilliantly finished with a wider rim and brake superbly.

As for the Carbone 40s. The ONLY difference between the elites and the 40Cs are that the 40Cs have a carbon hub body and come with wheel bags. Not worth the extra. The red SSC lable means Special Service Course, which just means their top end wheels.

Latest Comments