Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

FSA Gossamer Pro Brakes - Any good?

Hi there,

I was looking at the Planet X Nanolight Force 22 today and I see they have changed the brakes from SRAM Force 22 to FSA Gossamer Pro.

I cant find anything out about these online. There dont seem to be any reviews. I spoke to Planet X and they told me these are possibly better than Force 22.

What can anyone tell me about them?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

2 Wheeled Idiot | 9 years ago
0 likes

The cable pull from the brake levers will be different so an ultegra brake won't have 100% performance with force shifters and vice versa.
It woukd physically work but I wouldn't recommend it as the feel and total power will be changed.

SilverBadger | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is there any reason why I couldnt fit Ultegra 6800 brakes with the SRAM Force 22 levers?

Im thinking i might try and get them to knock off some cash and sell me the bike without Brakes...

0 likes

^was it ultegra 6700 or 6800?
There is a large difference between the two IMO.

giobox | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had the Gossamer Pros come on an Ultegra spec Cervelo P2, and honestly they seemed pretty good with decent pads in them (I have other bikes with Ultegra, 105 and Dura-Ace brakes to compare).

I ended up switching them out for matching Ultegra ones, but that was purely an aesthetic choice, the gossamer pro is a pretty bulky thing compared to Shimano's nicer looking stoppers.

0 likes

The last FSA brakes I had (not the gossamer pro's tho) were more like slight speed reducers instead of brakes. They were one of the main factors for upgrading to 5800...
Gossamer pro's could be better but I would try to twist planet x's arm to have the force 22's fitted..

Latest Comments