Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campag not to develop disc brakes

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/04/news/campagnolo-ceo-we-will-never...

Is this business suicide or a brave move to appeal to people like myself who see no point in disc brakes on a road bike ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

andyp | 8 years ago
0 likes

you poor deluded fool

fukawitribe replied to andyp | 8 years ago
0 likes
andyp wrote:

you poor deluded fool

Comparing with previous claims of enforced obsolescence suggests otherwise.

andyp | 8 years ago
0 likes

If a company made a stance against enforced obsolescence, yes, I'd use them over someone who did the opposite.

0 likes
andyp wrote:

If a company made a stance against enforced obsolescence, yes, I'd use them over someone who did the opposite.

..no-one is enforcing anything.

andyp | 8 years ago
0 likes

Shame. They'd certainly get all my custom.

0 likes
andyp wrote:

Shame. They'd certainly get all my custom.

Eh ? They'd get all your custom if they didn't develop disc brakes ? (hypothetically) You wouldn't consider just not buying the discs if they did, or similarly from other manufacturers.... seriously ? Tell me that's just a wind up...

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA  19
people taking this seriously.....

ianrobo | 8 years ago
0 likes

can this ... hate April 1st and does not help when 5 hours behind the UK at the mo ....

guess this is a good one as it seems believable !

fukawitribe | 8 years ago
0 likes

..you know what day it is, right ?

mrmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

read the tag at the bottom of the article...

and Campag may not make a disc, they have in the past, they might just licence from TRP or Formula.

Chasseur Patate | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm with him. I don't need them and they ruin the aesthetic completely. We're being told we need them by those selling them. We really don't.

ianrobo replied to Chasseur Patate | 8 years ago
0 likes
Chasseur Patate wrote:

I'm with him. I don't need them and they ruin the aesthetic completely. We're being told we need them by those selling them. We really don't.

as discussed before that is the main driver for a lot of things, could say the same for electronic gears which I do have.

However by saying this is the Campag chair shutting himself from a huge market and more importantly any chance of the pro peloton having campaign in the future if they all go with disc brakes as would be sadly inevitable.

Latest Comments