Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wiggo lets slip hour record attempt date?

Or did I miss an announcement before?

http://gu.com/p/474hv

"...doing the hour record seven weeks later is no reason to sit up in Roubaix."

Assuming I haven't missed any big announcement, the Graun subs seem to have missed the significance of this comment.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Bhachgen | 8 years ago
0 likes

Silly to say no chance of either. Roubaix too much of a lottery to have him down as a shoe - in, but with some big favourites out (and who knows who else could go down in the races before it?) and Sky seeming to have finally cracked Classics racing, he seems to have a great chance.

Hour record? At worst he'll get extremely close.

TheHound | 8 years ago
0 likes

With Fab and Boonen out, he stands as good a chance as anyone else at Roubaix, but it's too much of a lottery to put significant money on him.

I'd eat my bike if he DOESN'T smash the hour record though. Wiggo and Martin are a class apart when it comes to TTs of decent length.

Beefy | 8 years ago
0 likes

No chance! He's british and we just love to slate successful people don't we..... Hope he proves a few people wrong, I recall many people saying tour? No chance he isn't good enough!  1

sneakerfrfeak | 8 years ago
0 likes

Surely a rider who's previously finished top ten has a decent chance? especially with two of the other favourites out.

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can perhaps see Wiggins doing the hour record, however no chance at Roubaix.
I say perhaps because I've barely seen him finish a race yet this year so have no idea on his form.

edster99 | 8 years ago
0 likes

certainly very very very little chance of P-R. If I get proved wrong i'll be totally chuffed, but I'm not feeling optimistic.

ianrobo | 8 years ago
0 likes

he has no chance of either

fukawitribe replied to ianrobo | 8 years ago
0 likes
ianrobo wrote:

he has no chance of either

Paris-Roubaix is unlikely - but the hour record ? Given his previous previous record in time-trailing and efforts with similar output what makes you so convinced he has "no chance" ? *

* especially given your recent critique of doping in Sky.

Latest Comments