Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Luca Paolini

Smart or Sneaky?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Simon E | 8 years ago
0 likes

Daniel Friebe's 2014 article on Paolini for Pro Cycling is worth a read. Link in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/friebos/status/579943294341365761

His stuff on the Riis - Tinkov scrap is worth a look if that subject interests you (personally I'm not bothered, it's only a game).

Stumps | 8 years ago
0 likes

He did exactly what Thomas did the race before, bided his time and when the opportunity appeared he took it. Well done to him.

Paul J | 8 years ago
0 likes

Paolini, good to see the new, clean, generation of riders are able to compete.

slam that stem | 8 years ago
0 likes

He's a very 2000s rider on a 'look the other way' team. He's what, 38? It looked weird to me...

Colin Peyresourde | 8 years ago
0 likes

He was pretty canny. I think he soft pedalled after the last climb for a good part of the time. Effectively the breaks and marking of the Thomas-Etixx-Lotto Soudal interplay allowed him to recover and saw his rivals exhaust themselves. His picked his time perfectly. Thomas worked himself into the ground marking Etixx and Lotto Soudal spent a long time chasing.

carytb | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wheel sucker

MartyMcCann replied to carytb | 8 years ago
0 likes
carytb wrote:

Wheel sucker

You must have been watching a different race than I was. The race I saw had Paolini fighting back onto the leading group (heading that wind on his own) after getting dropped on the Kemmelberg, then making the jump when everyone else was looking at each other- that is not my definition of a wheel sucker. Also his performance in MSR last week leading Kristoff for kms? I'm not the biggest Katusha fan but his performances recently have been outstanding and as far from wheel sucking as you can get.

therevokid replied to carytb | 8 years ago
0 likes
carytb wrote:

Wheel sucker

at least his "wheel sucking" led to a win, unlike a certain mr j Debusschere
attempts ... (twice !)  3

Chasseur Patate replied to carytb | 8 years ago
0 likes
carytb wrote:

Wheel sucker

Gerrans has made a career of it, Paolini rode well. Suck it up.

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Absolutely incredible ride, and he deserves it after the last few weeks......towing kristoff to the finish in MSR
His 'style' tho  31  3

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Absolutely incredible ride, and he deserves it after the last few weeks......towing kristoff to the finish in MSR
His 'style' tho  31  3

The Rake | 8 years ago
0 likes

Experienced

Latest Comments