Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized Size Guides

I've been looking at upgrading to a Specialized Diverge Smartweld Comp and need to test ride one. I thought I'd try some sizing guide websites, to help choose which frame size to order in, as no one stocks them near me. I've gotten slightly confused and could do with some advice!

I probably should have stuck with one website, as they're bound to give slightly different advice when it comes to fitting, but I should either be getting frame size 56, 58, 61 or 64 with me leaning towards size 56. Any help would grately appriciated as I'm still relatively new to all this having only ever owned one CX bike (Charge Filter). I've attached the guide websites screenshots with one showing all my meaurements but I'm 182cm in height (just short of 6 foot), an inseam of 86cm, arm reach is 70cm, sternum to floor is 149cm and weigh 172 lbs.

Any one able to guide me to which frame of these I should order in? - http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/diverge-comp-smartweld/34093/15...

Although I've chosen the diverge, I keep looking at the Roubaix! I do a lot of commuting by road and rough cycle paths in all weathers. I also would like to try non technical singletrack routes on this bike as well as triathlons (not a priority) and sportives! I know this will spark all kinds of different answers but any help there?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

NorthEastJimmy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your replies guys! I'll try and test ride a 56 and see if stems length changes will be enough.

One problem I've got is that my ape index is 13cm longer than my height, makes its more difficult to get correct sizing!

Dr_Lex | 8 years ago
0 likes

56 should be ideal for you.
I'm just over 6' with 84cm inseam and bought a 58cm Roubaix in 2011, having tried both 56 & 58. (However, the 56cm went to a guy who is 6'3", so he preferred the racing stance.)
I'm coincidentally thinking about a Diverge Smartweld, and tried one just before Christmas, also in 58cm. Great bike; the difference in weight and ride comfort is not huge and it will be more suitable for my longer, rougher commute.
I may well order one at the end of the Summer, but the VFM of the Rose and Canyon offerings is preventing a decision, and the inability to use an existing Dynamo QR wheel on the through-axle fork is a niggle.

Carson | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm 183cm 70kg. Bought a Specialized Tarmac at the end of 2014. It was from a bike shop 2 hours from me and they didn't have the bike in the shop so they had to send it out via courier. I used the Specialized size guide for that frame. I was between a 56 and 58 I think. Ended up going for the 56cm and I've changed the 100mm stem to 120mm and I couldn't be happier now. Sorry if this doesn't help!

Latest Comments