Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta Catalunya

Not sure if I can see julian Alaphillipe in the Game roster. Has he withdrawn?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

110 comments

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Valverde's group joins with the 1st chase group... Movistar and CCC are collaborating to get back on terms with the Tinkoff led 1st group... Gap at 30s...

Volta a Catalunya @VoltaCatalunya
· 3m 3 minutes ago
(136 km) Valverde llega al segundo grupo perseguidor y el Movistar empieza a colaborar con el CCC. Están a 30 segundos

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

The Valverde group reaches Froome... Paterski is at 1:35 from the lead group...

· 7m 7 minutes ago
(143 km) El grup de Valverde atrapa Froome i corona els Àngels a 1 minut del cap de cursa. El líder, Paterski, a 1:35 #voltacatalunya

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

With 5km to go the Valverde group is at 25s

· 2m 2 minutes ago
(151 km) El grupo de Valverde está a 25 segundos a 5 km de la meta #voltacatalunya

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Pozzovivo puts in an attack from the 1st group with 2km to go

· 1m 1 minute ago
(154 km) Ataca Domenico Pozzovivo (Ag2r La Mondiale) a 2 km para la meta de Girona #voltacatalunya

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

That front group includes Dan Martin, Talansky, Pozzovivo, Contador, Porte, Aru and Uran...

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Pozzovivo takes it with a gap of 3 seconds to Uran and Martin...

The Valverde group comes in 24s later...

Rolland now leads the GC battle...

I ownder how many people picked Pozzovivo for today  39 ...

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

This is amazing!  8 You have to love the man. Alejandro Valverde won the last stage of Catalunya...  41

Alejandro Valverde gana la última etapa de la Volta y sube hasta el segundo lugar a 4 segundos del vencedor definitivo, Richie Porte

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

I know a lot of you haven't been able to sleep, wondering 'Did I do the right thing, leaving off Alejandro Valverde off my Catalunya Purist squad?' Just rest asured, yes, in spite of being the rider that got the most points in the competition, the best possible PuristTeam was actually better off without him in it!  1

Here's the 'Best Possible Purist Team', according to me, of course...

24.1 Richie Porte
21.3 Maciej Paterski
24.3 Domenico Pozzovivo
26.2 Rigoberto Uran
17.4 Thomas Danielson
10.5 Bart De Clercq
8.1 Jose Herrada
6.4 Darwin Atapuma

Total Budget 138.3 credits
855 Points

As before I have no access to the Best 'Actual' Team, so if anybody wants to look it up and post what it was and its score, please!, I'd love to see it!  1

As an aside, this 'Fictitious' 'Best' Purist Team would have had enough points to beat out the 'Best' Standard Team in the competition (tony kappler's 'Mountain Renegade' team), But of course, who would have thought that Maciej Paterski would take the first stage and wear the leader's jersey for so many days? And how many would have thought Tom Danielson would have gone out on so many breaks to secure his KOM jersey?

Anyways, congratulations to tony kappler and his 'Mountain Renegade' team on winning the Standard competition with 707 points.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm... But what if you were stupid enough, or lazy enough, like me, to just want to choose the 4 highest valued riders and surround them with 4 3.0 riders?...  39

Well, first of all you couldn't...

Choosing these 4 ...

40.0 Alejandro Valverde
36.1 Alberto Contador
35.7 Christopher Froome
28.7 Rafal Majka

would have put you over the budget, coming in at 140.5 credits, without even having a single support rider on your team...  39

Well, even if you could have added these 'Stars', and have (somehow) managed to pick the most productive 3.0 riders, you would have only scored 420 points with this team...

40.0 Alejandro Valverde
36.1 Alberto Contador
35.7 Christopher Froome
28.7 Rafal Majka
3.0 Marc Soler
3.0 Loic Chetout
3.0 Josef Cerny
3.0 Carlos Barbero

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique replied to livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

682points

Wow  1 That was a damn nice team!  1 Soler and Atapuma were inspired picks!  1 Thanks, Nick!

backflipbedlem replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Hmmm... But what if you were stupid enough, or lazy enough, like me, to just want to choose the 4 highest valued riders and surround them with 4 3.0 riders?...  39

Well, first of all you couldn't...

Choosing these 4 ...

40.0 Alejandro Valverde
36.1 Alberto Contador
35.7 Christopher Froome
28.7 Rafal Majka

would have put you over the budget, coming in at 140.5 credits, without even having a single support rider on your team...  39

Well, even if you could have added these 'Stars', and have (somehow) managed to pick the most productive 3.0 riders, you would have only scored 420 points with this team...

40.0 Alejandro Valverde
36.1 Alberto Contador
35.7 Christopher Froome
28.7 Rafal Majka
3.0 Marc Soler
3.0 Loic Chetout
3.0 Josef Cerny
3.0 Carlos Barbero

Nice insight dude, defo pays to spread the cash over a few riders, just which riders is the problem!

enrique replied to backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

...just which riders is the problem!

Absolutely... I think you'll never win if you're able to pick, and do pick, the 4 highest ranked favorites, so I think we should relax budgets a little, so we can choose that team if we want and don't have to resort to as many 3.0 riders as we currently do...

Stumps replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

Absolutely... I think you'll never win if you're able to pick, and do pick, the 4 highest ranked favorites, so I think we should relax budgets a little, so we can choose that team if we want and don't have to resort to as many 3.0 riders as we currently do...

Answer: do your homework and don't rely on just a bigger budget. During this race I never picked a big rider and it paid off.

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

or, you could just play the game as it is and stop pissing and moaning about the budgets every competition, because it's really boring.

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

We must tweak the rider value algorithm...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... we'll be using this game engine for 2016 too. so there won't be masses of changes... there's a bunch of variables we can use to tweak it on the fly. maybe we'll try a quicker fall-off in value for an upcoming race...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... you could just play the game as it is...

I wrote that before the Pais Vasco competition... It feels like there's been a difference in the rider values... Quintana is at 26.4 and it seems like Kwiatkowski is far and above the highest valued rider at 40.0, by quite a lot...

Was the rider valuation processs tweaked for this race or were the values what the system suggested and the 'lower' values for someone like Quintana just a reflection of the ('lower'?) quality of the field, the nature of the race, the shift in points scored in the last races and (or) the points dropped after the 12 month rolling period expires? Or is it just my imagination that Quintana seems much lower than usual?...  39

I have to admit it wasn't quite as packed as I expected before the race...  8

0 likes

No brainer for me today. Rolland and Paterski in for my 2 drop outs from yesterday (Meersmann and Bole)

Philip Unwin | 8 years ago
0 likes

Now live on Eurosport. Pretty nasty weather

0 likes

Off air again

0 likes

All together !!km to go
Pictures on rtve.es

0 likes

Valverde wins

Twybaydos | 8 years ago
0 likes

Brought in Valverde, De Clercq and Simon last night  4

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Brought in valverde, Paterski and Rolland,

Ended up with 1,2,6 from the top 10 so quite pleased. Only 7 transfers left now tho

Stumps | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thought and thought about Valverde but decided against it. Still got 2,5 though so not to bad.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

2nd KOM points...

· 33m 33 minutes ago
(177 km) Orden de paso por el Alto de Montagut: Herrada (Movistar), Valverde (Movistar) y Maxime Bouet (Etixx)

0 likes

Ewan last man

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Brought in Rolland, Paterski and De Clerq last night. Have Rojas and Ewan too.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Valverde, ewan and valls scored for my purist team i think, unless i axed valls.

First good day for my fsa team with a 1,2

Ghedebrav | 8 years ago
0 likes

OK - yesterday's scores SHOULD now be correct, including sprint points and sprint jersey. N.B. despite what eagle-eyed PCS fans might think, there is no youth jersey being scored in this race.

Phew. OK. Now to track down and decipher from various sources today's results. Picked a great race to start out with!

Ghedebrav | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yeah but look at the scoring info for this comp.

Pages

Latest Comments