Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

paris roubaix 2015

Hello everyone,
I will be able to make a trip to this years paris-roubaix. this will be my first visit to france and I am landing to Paris one day before the race. Still don't have a proper plan. Can anybody give any advices about how I can get to Arenberg or anything else about the race ? What is the easy way for getting to Arenberg from Paris ? I'd appreciate your help.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

swansong | 9 years ago
0 likes

thanks everyone for advices

Marauder | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you keep an eye on steephill.tv they normally publish an estimate of the times when the riders reach specific points in the race. It looks like they still have last years race up at the mo but sure will be changed sometime.

aje | 9 years ago
0 likes

For the Tour last year we stayed near Valenciennes and cycled to the cobbles at Wallers. The French world and his wife turned out, don't rely on getting a taxi from Valenciennes, take LeBrompton.

swansong replied to aje | 9 years ago
0 likes

thank you, hiring a bike is a good idea

swansong | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thank you everybody for your comments.
it's hard to get information about that region and transport for someone that doesn't speak French just like me. my plan is to be at arenberg forest firstly, Arenberg is about 10kms away from Valenciennes - as the Google Maps say - so I will take a train to Valenciennes from Paris and get to Arenberg early in the day. If I can get a chance I will go to velodrome. Still open for advices.

Al__S | 9 years ago
0 likes

For the Arenberg trench, there's a station at Wallers, not too far away. Seems to be services on a Sunday. Not sure what time you need to be there to see the race come through, but (eg) there's a journey via Lille departing Gare du Nord at 0743 arriving Wallers 1052.

Yorkshie Whippet | 9 years ago
0 likes

Starts Compiegne about 85km north east of Paris at about 10:00. Arenburg is approximately 200km into the race. The race is mainly in Northern France around the Belguim Border. As Colin says, Trian to Lille and try to get to the Velodrome, Roubaix isn't far from Lille.

You best bet would have been to book yourself onto an organised trip if this is your first shot.

Colin Peyresourde | 9 years ago
0 likes

You can get a train to Lille. If you can fly to Brussels it might be quicker. You don't mention if you can hire a car which is probably easiest.

Otherwise, rent a bike and ride....

Latest Comments