Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rose Xeon team CGF 3000 or Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 2015 models? Anyone help?

Hi,
New to the forum so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I'm in a dilemma over which bike of the above to upgrade to. Ridden my trusty little Cube Aerial now for 7 years and feeling the need for a bit more luxury/efficiency.

With them both being online buys I haven't test ridden either but they both have a return policy so there's reassurance there.
I like the geometry of them both, I'm a little wary of the sizing of the Canyon, when I put my measurements in I come out as needing a XS (never had XS anything before so concerned the bike won't be big enough but I'm by no means advanced enough to challenge a manufacturer)

I'm female, 5 foot 6, with inside leg measuring 78cm. The Rose put me at needing a 53cm.
Any reviews or advice would be greatly received, thanks
Sarah

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

luke_a | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if this helps at all, but Rose has a UK based sales person based in Westbury in Wiltshire. I've just got a test ride booked next week. He's been really helpful so it may be worth an ask!  1

sarahvhoyle | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks ever so much for your reply. That's a massive help and reassurance. Watch this space. Thanks Fishy  1

Bandolander | 9 years ago
0 likes

I may be of some help!
Bought the Endurace CF in small thinking that XS would be to small only to have to send it back and exchanged for XS. I'm also 5.6 with 79 inseam. With the small couldn't get the seatpost low enough. got the XS with a 100mm stem and 40mm handlebars and fits fine. Only difference I notice is a more agile bike than the small. If going for Canyon don't doubt XS. Good luck

Fishy | 9 years ago
0 likes

The Rose undercuts the Canyon by £100 - but otherwise the spec appears to be identical. I saw the Canyon at the London Bike show, it was pretty enough but outshone by its Ultimate stablemates - a tad dowdy / understated by comparison. The Rose comes in more colour, but both are definitely on the "stealth" approach.

Have you checked yourself against competitive cyclist and then consulted the geometry tables for both ? - CC goes into more detail than the Rose or Canyon fit models, so is a good safety check. Also - sounds stupid, but make sure someone other than yourself is doing the measurements.

Latest Comments