Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Possible Hit&Run in Cambridge Friday the 6th of March 2015

Hello all,

It's a bit of a long shot but i don't suppose anybody saw a bike accident around 7:40a.m on friday the 6th of March on Gilbert Road in Cambridge?

By my reckoning the whole incident happened by me being hit off of my bike by a car. The police told me not to speculate but as i was sat in hospital with some minor fractures to my skull, what else was i supposed to do?! I have yet to recover my bike from somebodys house but i expect the damage to the bike to match my suspicion of being hit by a car.

My friend who was also cycling to the rowing club i was on my way to says he was almost hit off by a white van about 10 minutes back down the road, and cycled past me as i was being hauled into the ambulance.

If anybody has ANY information at all please please let me or the police know, even if its just the person who phoned the ambulance i will be eternally grateful.

(before anybody gets on their high horse, i know i should have been wearing a helmet. But at 18 years old you think you're invincible right?)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

bashthebox | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ouch, that sounds bad, hope you make a speedy recovery.
Yeah, it might be safer to wear a helmet but safer still would be for a driver not to hit you, right?
Might be more effective to ask twitter people... I'm sure there's a few cyclesafe types who'll help by retweeting.
Good luck, and I hope you're riding again soon.

Latest Comments