Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shave or not to shave

So the winter is over !! It was 10C today and shorts out as per the other thread, so the question for us blokes ....

Do we shave our legs ?

Mine showing ha ha

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

Giles Pargiter | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah - express your narcissism and self preoccupation - why not who else matters. . .

DrJDog | 9 years ago
0 likes

I shaved mine the other day and it just made all the veins and scars stand out and I just looked down and thought Oh Jesus, when did I get those old man legs from?

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

ha ha of course !

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Shave, always all year round.

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

cheers, I can understand the legs being better but how would shaving chest, back and sack help, when unless really hot it is covered by good old Lyrca.

giff77 replied to ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes
ianrobo wrote:

cheers, I can understand the legs being better but how would shaving chest, back and sack help, when unless really hot it is covered by good old Lyrca.

Aye, but just think of all those micrograms you're saving if you're a weight weenie.

userfriendly replied to ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes
ianrobo wrote:

Fair play, in the sense of what does it have to do with cycling, there's really only reason to shave / wax your legs, not the rest. Personally though, I think it's not exactly a good look if your legs are baby smooth while the rest of you resembles a woolly mammoth. So, purely for aesthetic reasons, I tend to get rid of the hair on all the parts you mention, just in order to be consistent.

Generally not sure what all the fuss is about, it's just body hair after all. Do with it what you like.

Carson | 9 years ago
0 likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnrE17Jg3I

Link to the Specialized wind tunnel test

Beefy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Research by Specialized in a wind tunnel, was a piece on RCC

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

yeah right, what research !

HalfWheeler | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't be half-hearted. There is research suggesting you should shave everything, front and back, below the waistline.

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

ha ha ... appearances the key eh ?

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

you mean it does not make u faster ?

gdmor10 replied to ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

No but you will certainly look faster!  4

gdmor10 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Shave, looks better, feels better.

You can always baffle non cyclists with stories of protecting against road rash, easier to massage and areodynamics etc but we all know it is just to look pro.

wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes

Veet - its the only way!!

Read these reviews, make sure you empty your bladder first!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Cream/dp/B000KKNQBK#custom...

bashthebox | 9 years ago
0 likes

My other half is hilariously supportive of leg shaving, despite complaining about the stubble.
Do it, I look at my legs for the first few months after tights go on/razor goes away and make myself feel ill.

StevePurcell | 9 years ago
0 likes

For me shaved legs is a trip to the divorce court, my other half is not for having it, no matter how aero it would make me  39

crikey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Shave down towards your knees from your upper thighs, then shave up towards your knees from the ankles. Leave a patch on your inner thigh because scrotums really don't like stubble.

It's really not a big deal, get over all that teenage boy shit, if you want shaved legs get on with it.

OnTheRopes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Veet
Clean and easy, I used to shave with a Bic and it always looked like I had been slaughtering chickens in the bath.
Then after the first go with Veet use a electric razor on clean dry skin

Redvee replied to OnTheRopes | 9 years ago
0 likes
OnTheRopes wrote:

Veet
Clean and easy, I used to shave with a Bic and it always looked like I had been slaughtering chickens in the bath.
Then after the first go with Veet use a electric razor on clean dry skin

I use Nair from the pound shop, does the same job as Veet but cheaper and has a distinctive smell too.

JonD | 9 years ago
0 likes

Didn't know there was a full moon..  3

JonD | 9 years ago
0 likes

Didn't know there was a full moon..  3

userfriendly | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes. You will look better which will obviously translate into more speed.

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do I go quicker ha ha

userfriendly | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wax, mate. Wax them. Smooth guns for weeks.

J90 replied to userfriendly | 9 years ago
0 likes
userfriendly wrote:

This guy. This guy knows.

Leviathan replied to J90 | 9 years ago
0 likes
J90 wrote:
userfriendly wrote:

This guy. This guy knows.

So who volunteered for a 'free' Comic Relief sponsored office waxing?

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

er yeah !! not sure I want to do the others !

Scrufftie | 9 years ago
0 likes

Definitely shave. There's not much point in doing your back, sack and crack and then leaving your legs hairy, is there? [wrong forum?]

Pages

Latest Comments