Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Women's Fantasy Races

Ok I know I'm going to get the full wrath of the social justice warriors here ... but is there any need for the women's races to be included in the fantasy league? I appreciate they are brilliant athletes and would whip my backside on a bike but that's not the point, a lot of people don't follow women's racing and that doesn't make you a bad person or less a cycling fan. Plus if you do make the effort and try and research there is not a lot of info on races and start lists. I picked Armitstead for today to get a roster change email at 12:15 to say she's not racing by that time too late to make changes as deadline has passed and that's not a criticism of road.cc just demonstrates difficulties in getting info and yes I know men's racing has late changes etc but it's usually within time to make changes. Anyway am I the only person who feels it's better sticking to the men's elite??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

65 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

2nd and 5th for me too

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Make that 1,5,8 out the top 10 for me  1

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

2,3 from the top 6 for me. Can't see the result for 7-10 yet

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Check out podium cafe results in the fantasy game

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Still 2,3 for me. Olds let me down. The others were all 3.0

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm off the mark in the PC game women's today with 180 points!

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

2,5,15 plus team bonus

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

2,3,15 for me.

triccky100 | 9 years ago
0 likes

These bonus stages are still being counted towards the overall leagues, is this able to be fixed?

conor550 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm also wondering what the position is regarding this comp and the overall league. The info definitely says it's a bonus and I didn't pick a team for Strade Bianche based on the earlier comment that the comp would be amended and the scores re-updated, but it looks like that hasn't happened. Fully appreciate that little mistakes like this can happen, but would be good to know so we can at least pick a team for the next race and limit our loses.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave will sort it

Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes

31 I wouldn't be too sure about Dave sorting it out. Every one of the top 16 in the overall league has also scored points in the Tour Down Under Aussies only competition. None of these 16 people are actually Australian.

0 likes

Oops! Sorry, it's not often I'm right but I'm wrong again. Silly me.

Anyway, the new film 'Fantasy Cycling-The Movie' is about to go into production. Enrique is being played by George Clooney, Dave Atkinson is being played by Hugh Bonneville, Chiv is being played by Brad Pitt and GKam is being played by Charlize Theron. It should be a cracking film!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gkam being played by Charlize Theron? I think she's going to have to grow a hairy chest to get into character for that one.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The chest is the least of her problems, my hair and beard at the moment are super wild

chiv30 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I'm off the mark in the PC game women's today with 180 points!

Nice one , only 5th for me today in podium cafe  7

chiv30 replied to Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes
Allan Bremner wrote:

31 I wouldn't be too sure about Dave sorting it out. Every one of the top 16 in the overall league has also scored points in the Tour Down Under Aussies only competition. None of these 16 people are actually Australian.

I really hope you are joking?

Aussies only wasn't just for Australian citizens, it meant you could only pick a team consisting of aussie riders  35

chiv30 replied to Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes
Allan Bremner wrote:

Oops! Sorry, it's not often I'm right but I'm wrong again. Silly me.

Anyway, the new film 'Fantasy Cycling-The Movie' is about to go into production. Enrique is being played by George Clooney, Dave Atkinson is being played by Hugh Bonneville, Chiv is being played by Brad Pitt and GKam is being played by Charlize Theron. It should be a cracking film!

Literally just lol'd at that  24

triccky100 replied to Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes

Allan, that's not correct. The only bonus competition that has been incorrectly added is the Women's Classics. All other bonus stages, including TDU Aussies, have not been added to overall leagues (added up my own scores to confirm). And there is at least one of the top 16 from Australia...

enrique replied to Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes
Allan Bremner wrote:

... 'Fantasy Cycling...' is about to go into production...

I can't wait for the inevitable love scene between Clooney and Theron...  8

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Allan Bremner wrote:

... 'Fantasy Cycling...' is about to go into production...

I can't wait for the inevitable love scene between Clooney and Theron...  8

Clooney plays the dad,the love scene is between Brad Pitt and Charlize Theron.Your out of luck.

enrique replied to Gilbert and Sullivan | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gilbert and Sullivan wrote:

Clooney plays the dad...

Hmmm...  39 Well, maybe Clooney spanks his daughter for making hot stinky love to Pitt... or maybe it's a tormented incestuous relationship where Clooney is jealous of Pitt...  7

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

2nd and 5th for me  2

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

That's a first and fifth so far for me  36

Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Strade Bianche
1 Guarnier
2 Armistead
3 Longo Borghini

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nope, He didn't get his prize

0 likes

Just wondering if Gkam84 (the organiser of the women's competition last year) ever got his prize for winning that competition? I know he complained about not receiving his prize for several months.

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i'll check the settings, people. they shouldn't count to the overall, if they currently do then we'll amend and re-update.

spurs810 replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have you got any closer to amending that yet mate? Ive slipped quite a way overall and my scores are still on there for the womens classics

spurs810 replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have you got any closer to amending that yet mate? Ive slipped quite a way in the overall and the womens classics scores are still counting

Pages

Latest Comments