Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best type of insurance

Hi,
Can enyone tell me what the best type of insurance to get for us cyclist would be, what does it cover and what price can i be expected to pay?  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

cat1commuter | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm buying a Ritchey Break-Away frame, which comes with its own suitcase. But I'm flying with Qantas, who don't charge for a bike anyway as long as the weight is within your baggage allowance. They also have a 23kg allowance for economy class passengers, instead of the usual 20kg, which I thought might make a difference. I could have flown with Emirates, who have a 30kg economy class allowance, but my bike would have to change planes in Dubai, so I thought I'd minimise baggage handling!

AndyyK | 14 years ago
0 likes

cat1commuter - How are you getting your bike to Australia, as additional baggage? I'm moving there in May and need to find best way to get my bike over there.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

cat1commuter | 14 years ago
0 likes

In my experience insuring bikes from theft is best done via home contents. Mine specifically covers my bikes away from home too, as long as they aren't stolen from a motor vehicle.

I'm a member of the CTC, which gets you legal cover, good if someone hits you with their car.

I'm after some insurance myself to cover a bike flying with me to Australia, but it'll need to be about £2500, and I haven't yet found anything appropriate.

Latest Comments