Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized roubaix or diverge

Was about to buy trek domane 4.5 when my mate told me to take a look at specialized so popped into a local dealer he has 2bikes that are very interesting specialized roubaix sl4 elite carbon full shim 105 or specialized diverge smartweld alum both very nice the trek and roubaix are very similar the diverge is somewhere in between but actually makes a lot of sense best of both worlds now confused was goin with trek but now like the roubaix but the diverge means I could also use gravel paths as well as road ,has anyone any bought and if so what are your thoughts on these bikes,I would mainly be using for weekend spins 50 k on road some charity cycles and there are some canal paths that I could also use so anyone got specialized and if so how do you rate them

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Anthony.C | 9 years ago
0 likes

I am 5' 8" and ride a 54 Roubaix, the 56 would definitely be way too large for me, the head tube is very high, it would be like riding an upright. There are plenty of adjustments you could make to get the 54 just right for you.

hampstead_bandit | 9 years ago
0 likes

Try one of giant's new Defy carbon disc bikes if you can?

Different league to the Roubaix sl4.....

davecochrane replied to hampstead_bandit | 8 years ago
0 likes

hampstead_bandit wrote:

Try one of giant's new Defy carbon disc bikes if you can? Different league to the Roubaix sl4.....

Obviously this is an old thread, but I've been looking at the Defy Advanced Pro 0. Did you really find it a better ride than the SL4?

JoshCroxton1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The SL4 frame is in a different league to a 4 series domane in my opinion, this is based on my own ar$es opinion of how it rides and feels. So out of the 3, the Roubaix would be the 'best'. However, I put best in inverted commas because it completely depends what you want the bike for. If you want Sunday morning pace, 25c tyres, stiffer BB, sportive comfort and an all round lighter bike, go Roubaix.

However, I ride the Diverge SW and it's a fantastic bike, 105, 30-32c tyres, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and some mudguards mean I've got what I deem as the perfect winter/commuting bike. Geometry is on par with Roubaix, but road buzz is higher (by no means unbearable). Both have Zertz, but the slim carbon seatstays on the Roubaix offer more compliance and help remove high frequency vibrations.

If you have any specific questions on the Diverge SW, feel free to ask.

baz69 replied to JoshCroxton1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just went back to shop and tried 2 different size roubaix a 54 and 56 considering iam 5 9"
And 74 kilos thought the 54 would be perfect but surprisingly I found the 56 more comfy ,I got a retul bike fit done some months ago and the stem and reach would be more closely matched to the 54 but yet 56 feels better,you answered my question perfectly I suppose I really only roads the canal path would be occasionally and there are a few charity runs I want to do 100 150k spins so the roubaix is the one ,gonna go down and buy her today

2 Wheeled Idiot | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pick the I that fits you the best, this is more important for comfort than anything else.
Almost every bike can stand up to a bit of pootling on a canal towpath....just decent tyres that won't get sliced are needed.
Also if they all fit, pick the one that makes you most want to ride, the seat of the pants feeling that gets you excited to ride.

Latest Comments