Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

L'Eroica recommendations?

So I've had an eye on going to L'Eroica (the Italian one) for a little while, then realised that this year it was in the weekend after my birthday, I haven't been on holiday for ages and cycling around the Tuscan hills sounds like an excellent way to distract myself from turning 30!

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of companies offering holidays over for it as I'd rather not organise everything myself, being a lone traveller, and, well, wanting it to be a bit of a holiday not a stress. A quick google brings up not very many, wondering if anyone else went last year perhaps?

I've got my own bike that I'd like to ride, and no-one else to bring at the moment, though if any other ladies want to team up with me and split a twin bedroom, that could be useful!

Cheers for any help,

Christine

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

chrisl | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. Yes, I know it's getting to that time...Better get on it!

I think my Raleigh is ok, last time I hunted it's details down it seemed to be 1983ish. Might have to do a little botching of the slightly odd stem mounted gear levers (I assume that's a budget cheat, but it is original) but we'll see.

Recently treated myself to a nice Vulpine sale item so wool jersey - check! but not sure about the shorts...

FullGas replied to chrisl | 9 years ago
0 likes

Moving the shifters to the down tube is an easy job if you have the right type of shifters. You're gonna need a brace-on type, something that looks like this.

//velobase.com/CompImages/Shifter/68F72BE7-2707-460C-8A02-A9F73FF854A5.jpeg)

Also, don't forget to add to your shopping list!
- shoes
- gloves
- banana helmet
- cap to go under the helmet
- sunglasses (RayBan Aviator will do)

I usually buy vintage stuff from this guy on ebay. He has some nice stuff (used and NOS), and his prices are somewhat reasonable.

FullGas | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi Christine,

I think the easiest to race L'Eroica would be getting a package from Anima Toscana. That way you can avoid the uncertainties of the lottery process. Don't forget to take a look at the regulations as they are very strict with the type of bike you can ride and the kit you can wear.

You have by the end of this week to get your booking ready. Hurry up!

Latest Comments