Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ruta Del Sol - Stage 3

And here it is, the first battle of the year between Froome and Contador!!
Am I excited? Yes!!
Just hoping the audio is in time with the video feed today!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

I draw your attention to the following two stages, listed as "summit finish";
Tour of Poland 2013 stage 2; KOM 2.5km before finish
Vuelta 2014; KOM 700 met before finish

In both cases KOM points were scored in the road.cc game. So it seems to me that if the KOM is before the finish line it should be scored as it has been in the past.

In the Ruta del Sol stage 3, the difference in results for players is small, so this is a good case to study. I believe it is important that the rules be clear so that players can make considered decisions and that "heated" debate can be reduced.

So is it possible that Dave can make a ruling here for all competitions; either 1/. that if a KOM is not at the finish, it is scored. or 2/. Any KOM closer than x metres from the finish is not scored; and define "x".

Either decision is fine with me. The decision will refine a great game.

TERatcliffe26 replied to tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

I draw your attention to the following two stages, listed as "summit finish";
Tour of Poland 2013 stage 2; KOM 2.5km before finish
Vuelta 2014; KOM 700 met before finish

In both cases KOM points were scored in the road.cc game. So it seems to me that if the KOM is before the finish line it should be scored as it has been in the past.

In the Ruta del Sol stage 3, the difference in results for players is small, so this is a good case to study. I believe it is important that the rules be clear so that players can make considered decisions and that "heated" debate can be reduced.

So is it possible that Dave can make a ruling here for all competitions; either 1/. that if a KOM is not at the finish, it is scored. or 2/. Any KOM closer than x metres from the finish is not scored; and define "x".

Either decision is fine with me. The decision will refine a great game.

Like I say I need to re-update that stage anyway. For now I will leave them out and have a word with Dave, and I see your points about the past, however 2.5km from the finish is certainly a much bigger difference than 100m from the finish and id say 700m is still a significant difference from the finish compared to 100m

0 likes

Yes in stage 4 the KOM point was at the finish, but in stage 3 it was 100 metre before the finish line. Do we have a rule or ruling on how far the KOM point must be from the finish line before it is counted as a KOM which scores points in the game.
In my opinion if the race organisers go to the trouble of separating finish line and KOM line, then the KOM should score game points.

enrique replied to tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

... In my opinion if the race organisers go to the trouble of separating finish line and KOM line, then the KOM should score game points.

I agree...  39 I mean, I think it's a technicality... I don't think it takes too much effort to input those numbers in the scoring and what difference should it make to the game if Road.cc classifies the stage as a 'summit finish'? I think it's main 'value' would be as a stage classifier for slotting a rider's points as 'High Mountain' or 'Summit Finish' points for the game internal valuation and information-providing and rider-rating and 'classification' system, but I don't think these points should be withheld arbitrarily for this purpose...  39 As a 'go to rule', I'd say if the organizers put them in, count them... Who started the practice of ignoring these?... Was there any particular reason?...  39

ibaldwin1993 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
tony kappler wrote:

... In my opinion if the race organisers go to the trouble of separating finish line and KOM line, then the KOM should score game points.

I agree...

I'm agreeing on this too.

TERatcliffe26 replied to ibaldwin1993 | 9 years ago
0 likes
ibaldwin1993 wrote:
enrique wrote:
tony kappler wrote:

I agree...

I'm agreeing on this too.

Sorry, forgot to reply, the points did get scored, and will be scored in the future if they are not the actual finish

ibaldwin1993 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Great to hear  1

0 likes

It appears to me that you haven't counted all the intermediate sprints and KOM points in stg 3, Ruta del Sol. Note that the last KOM point was 100 met before finish line, so should receive points 6 down to 1.

TERatcliffe26 replied to tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

It appears to me that you haven't counted all the intermediate sprints and KOM points in stg 3, Ruta del Sol. Note that the last KOM point was 100 met before finish line, so should receive points 6 down to 1.

correct, no sprint or mountain points were awarded for stage 3 as the full results were unavailable last night and will be updated in due course

As regards our game, both stage 3 and 4 were both regarded as summit finishes, so neither stage 3 or 4 where points were allocated from 1st to 6th crossing that point in the race will be awarded in the game

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,5 for me today , wanted Bardet in as well but it would have meant extra transfers which I didn't want to take.....sometimes I miss those 10 point penalties  38

enrique replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

..sometimes I miss those 10 point penalties...

22 Me too...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,7,8 for me today

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well that was suitably exciting!!!

Contador looks in crazy form! Froome only 18 seconds behind in the end, great show by him!

Suppose Contador needs his form earlier in season as doing Giro - Tour double, but still good to see!

0 likes
0 likes

lol, my feed has ski jumping video and audio, and I can hear Carlton talking about cycling in the background!!??

thorolf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Missed the deadline...  35

A possible 10pts coming my way  3

0 likes

Usually I would leave out one of the big guns (Contador) to get more climbers in, but can't see anyone else beating these 2 today! Both gonna be going for it!
Come on Chris!!!

Froome
Contador
Kelderman
Van Den Broeck
Kudus
De Greef
Duyn
Theuns

Latest Comments