Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone fancy a manhunt

.. A totally non-vigilante one, of course - Retweeted (whatever that is) this story to @roadcc but nothing's made the news page so here goes:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/cyclist-shoved-off-bike-by-other-ri...

A cyclist who smashed his pelvis when he was shoved off his bike by another rider is appealing for witnesses to the hit-and-run.

Advertising chairman Ian Henderson was making his way to work when the other cyclist pushed him off his bike at a zebra crossing outside the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square, Mayfair, during morning rush hour on January 28.

Mr Henderson said a dispute broke out between the pair when the other cyclist cut in front of him on a narrow road, prompting him to warn the cyclist to be careful when they were next to each other at the crossing.

The grey-bearded biker allegedly responded by shouting “You’re too f***ing slow”, before placing his hand on Mr Henderson’s right shoulder and pushing him off his bike.

Car drivers and other cyclists rushed to his aid while the cyclist rode off along the zebra crossing.

The 55-year-old victim said: “My bike went left, I went down and I saw a brilliant white flash as my pelvis exploded.

“Cyclists and car drivers behind us were horrified. They shouted at him to stop and he looked round, so must have seen me on the ground, but kept going.

“An ambulance was called, the police arrived, my bike was taken care of and I was once again reminded how kind most people are. I also realised that I wasn’t going to walk away from this one – I couldn’t even sit up without extreme pain.”

Mr Henderson, who lives in Wandsworth, has been told it will take a year to recover and it may be several months until he can return to work while his injuries heal.

He added: “I felt terrible, one of the good things about cycling to work - it is normally friendly for cyclists. They look out for each other.

“I do think it reminds cyclists of the duty of care that they have towards each and the risks of doing something stupid.”

Police have since launched an investigation and have reviewed CCTV footage but have been unable to identify the culprit.

Mr Henderson described the attacker as a man aged 45 to 50 years old, with a grey beard and wearing dark waterproofs with orange detail. He was also riding a white Bianchi mountain bike with black lettering.

The Met confirmed the incident took place and they are investigating.

Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting 6504284/15. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Had to look up Bianchi MTBs, I had no idea they made them...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments